Recognized since 2021
Litigation - Real Estate
Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
An experienced and accomplished litigator, Billy’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation and business disputes. He defends business clients involved in product liability defense, franchise and distribution disputes, insurance defense and coverage issues, trust and estate litigation, as well as real estate litigation.
Billy’s practice has also included representation of clients in a variety of appellate courts, including the Colorado Court of Appeals, the federal Fourth and Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeals, the Virginia Supreme Court, and the South Dakota Supreme Court. Billy has tried cases in over 15 states over the lifetime of his career.
Focused and aggressive, Billy represents corporate clients in the variety of claims that arise in the business world. For his clients with interests in manufacturing, product distribution, and retail businesses, Billy has extensive experience defending against manufacturing, design defect, negligence, and breach of warranty claims.
Billy is the former Vice-chair of Moye White’s Trial Section and currently serves as Co-Chair of the Franchise & Distribution Group, representing franchisors in franchise disputes, and providing valuable advice regarding business development and sales, as well as offerings compliance. He is also active in representing clients in Colorado’s burgeoning brewing and distilling markets.
A true advocate, Billy protects the interests of his clients against claims of directors’ and officers’ liability, bad faith, negligence, and other torts. He also has extensive experience in cases involving real estate and associated transactions.
Billy provides exceptional counsel at trial, through appeal, and in mediation and arbitration proceedings. He has extensive experience before the state and federal courts in Colorado, and has represented clients in various federal courts throughout the country.
Contact & Links
- 1400 Sixteenth Street, Sixth Floor
Denver, CO 80202-1486
- University of Virginia , J.D., graduated 1997
- Duke University, B.A., graduated 1993
- Colorado, 2003
- District of Columbia, 1999
- North Dakota, 2013
- American Bar Association - Member
- Colorado Bar Association - Member
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Benchmark Litigation: Local Litigation Star - General Commercial Litigation, Insurance Litigation, and Product Liability Litigation, 2020 - 2021
- Colorado Super Lawyer: Civil Litigation: Defense, 2015 - 2021
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.