Recognized since 2008
Banking and Finance Law
Financial Services Regulation Law
Bill Taibl has experience in nearly all areas of financial institution representation and in a wide variety of real estate related matters. He provides counsel on law and regulatory compliance issues related to consumer and operational matters, including Truth in Lending, RESPA and ECOA, required Board policies, branching activities, new product development and subsidiary transactions. He has handled major troubled loan workouts in Wisconsin and around the country. He has been involved in a wide variety of real estate sales and purchase transactions and commercial lease transactions. He regularly works with land development agreements, zoning and land use issues and Tax Incremental Financing District development projects.
He has authored chapters in legal publications on real estate financing and the Federal Regulations affecting real estate financing. He has served as chairman of the Wisconsin League of Financial Institutions Legal Clinic from 1983 to 1997 and chaired the League’s Attorneys Committee from 1984 to 1997. He has also acted as the program coordinator for the Wisconsin Bankers Association legal clinics from 1999-2004.
- 411 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1000
Milwaukee, WI 53202-4427
- Marquette University, J.D., graduated 1973
- University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, B.A., graduated 1970
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association - Member; Former Board of Directors, 1980-83
- American Bar Association - Banking Law Committee
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys - Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Member
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Financial Services Regulation Law, Milwaukee (2016)
- Banking and Finance Law, Milwaukee (2014)
- Banking and Finance Law
- Financial Services Regulation Law
- Asset-Based Lending
- Banking Operations
- Commercial Finance
- Construction Finance
- Financial Institutions
- Loan Documentation
- Real Estate
- Tax-Increment Financing
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® (2006-2015)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.