Bill Boyd counsels clients on business strategies and manages complex transactions.
His work is widely respected by his peers in the law and the South Carolina business community, as evidenced by:
- Chambers USA naming him one of South Carolina’s leading lawyers in mergers and acquisitions
- Recognition in the 2011 edition of South Carolina Super Lawyers™ for Business/Corporate law
- Named in 2010 and 2011 to “Legal Elite of the Midlands” by the Greater Columbia Business Monthly
- Honored by South Carolina Lawyers Weekly as a recipient of the inaugural 2009 “Leadership in Law” award
- Named in 2010 to “Legal Elite of the Midlands” by the Greater Columbia Business Monthly
Mr, Boyd has managed numerous mergers and acquisitions and large-scale industrial development projects, including the assembly and acquisition of property, environmental and other governmental permitting, and financing.
He is a recognized leader in the business community. Mr. Boyd is past chair of the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce, is on the board of directors of the Business and Industry Political Education Committee, and on the executive committee of the Midlands Business Leadership Group.
Mr. Boyd was selected as the Columbia Chamber of Commerce’s Ambassador of the Year in 2008.
He received the University of South Carolina Law School Alumni Association’s Compleat Lawyer Platinum (over 30 years of experience) Award.
In 2005, Mr. Boyd was profiled in The State newspaper's "Building Our City" section. The section included men and women working to change Columbia, SC's economic Future.