Recognized since 2008
Litigation - Construction
Board Certified in Construction Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Ben Westcott, the firm’s Co-Managing Shareholder, has a practice that focuses on both transactional and dispute resolution aspects of construction law. He represents general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and owners on substantial construction projects, including schools, public infrastructure, sports facilities, airports, petrochemical and industrial plants, highway projects, wastewater treatment facilities, multi-family projects, retail centers, hotels, hospitals and office buildings. His experience includes the prosecution and defense of a variety of construction-related issues before State and Federal Courts, as well as the American Arbitration Association, including matters related to payment disputes; scheduling claims; design defects; mechanic’s liens; performance and payment bonds; differing site conditions; breach of contract; construction defect claims; delay and acceleration claims; and termination of contracts. Ben also drafts and reviews construction contract documents.
Additionally, Ben maintains an active alternative dispute resolution practice mediating and arbitrating construction disputes, and is a member of the Panel of Arbitrators of the American Arbitration Association.
- Direct Phone Number: 713-850-4200
- Phone Number: 713-850-4200
- Lawyer Page: https://www.andrewsmyers.com/attorneys/william-b-ben-westcott/
- 1885 Saint James Place, Suite 1500
Houston, TX 77056
- University of Houston, J.D., graduated 2000
- Rice University, B.A., graduated 1997
- Texas, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Construction Law, Houston (2021)
- Litigation - Construction, Houston (2018)
- Construction Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Board Certified in Construction Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.