Recognized since 2018
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
William Ramsey represents clients on appeals, defends medical malpractice and general liability claims, and litigates business and commercial matters, including disputes related to copyright and trademark rights. He also represents corporate and professional clients with licensing and compliance issues. He has jury trial experience and has appeared before the Indiana Court of Appeals, Indiana Tax Court, and the Indiana Supreme Court for oral arguments. William is a member of the Allen County Bar Association (ACBA), the Indiana State Bar Association (ISBA), and the Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana. He is a past co-chair of the ISBA’s written publications committee, the current vice-chair of the ACBA’s appellate section, and a member of the ACBA Civil Litigation Section’s executive committee.
William has published articles in a variety of legal publications and regularly contributes to the Appellate section of the Barrett McNagny blog. He also regularly gives presentations on various legal issues. He has been recognized by Martindale-Hubbell as an AV® Preeminent™ rated attorney based on peer review ratings. The Indiana Super Lawyers© publication has selected him for inclusion since 2017 in the area of litigation, and he was previously selected several times as a “Rising Star”. He has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® publication since 2018 the area of Medical Malpractice and Professional Malpractice for defendants. He has been included as a “Top Lawyer” in the Fort Wayne Monthly publication and is a past recipient of both a first and second place Harrison Legal Writing Award from the Indiana State Bar Association. Will serves on the board of directors for Science Central and on the Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne English Department’s Advisory Board. In 2018, he was named by Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly a Forty Under 40 award recipient.
After receiving his B.A. in English from Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne, William earned his J.D., magna cum laude, in 2006 from Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington. He is admitted to practice before the Indiana state courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana and Eastern District of Michigan.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 260-423-8824
- Phone Number: 260-423-9551
- Lawyer Page: https://www.barrettlaw.com/our-people/william-a-ramsey
- 215 East Berry Street
P.O. Box 2263
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
- Indiana University Bloomington, J.D., graduated 2006
- Indiana University - Purdue University Fort Wayne, B.A.
- Indiana, 2006
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana - Member
- Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants, Fort Wayne (2023)
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants, Fort Wayne (2021)
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants, Fort Wayne (2019)
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Appellate Practice
- Commercial Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.