Recognized since 2023
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
After many years of practicing law with a large prestigious firm, Trip Walton decided to build his own firm around a core of attorneys with superior trial skills, who would share the same goal of standing up and fighting for the rights of those who cannot fight for themselves.
Trip is a former Golden Gloves Heavyweight Boxing Champion. The values of a fighter are honor, dignity, pride and sportsmanship. Trip learned that aggressive hard work, persistence and diligence pay off – in the boxing ring and in the courtroom.
Trip has a well-earned reputation in the Personal Injury, Tractor Trailer Collision, Traumatic Brain Injury and Mediation arena. Trip is highly regarded in these areas of practice and has been asked to speak at various professional conferences across the country.
Trip has tirelessly fought, standing up to the big insurance companies, winning multi-million and million dollar settlements for his clients. Trip also has established a practice of defending those accused of a crime.
Trip is rated AV Preeminent by the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating Service, which means he has been rated by his peers as having the highest level of legal ability and ethical standards. He has also been selected yearly as an Alabama Super Lawyer since 2011, Top Attorney’s in Alabama since 2011, and 100 Top Trial Lawyer’s since 2011. In 2020 Mr. Walton joined a global honorary society of attorneys, judges, law faculty, and legal scholars by accepting a fellowship of the American Bar Association.
While in college and law school, he enjoyed a successful amateur heavyweight boxing career with a 20-1 record. As an amateur heavyweight fighter, he was known for his knockout punch with 18 first round knockout victories. His record includes the Auburn University and Southeastern Regional Intercollegiate Titles in 1978; a win in the Georgia Golden Gloves Tournament in 1980; the Alabama AAU Open-Class Heavyweight Championship in 1981; and he concluded his boxing career in 1982 by winning the Alabama Golden Gloves Heavyweight Championship.
Trip is an Eagle Scout and was a member of the Auburn University Football Team and the Auburn University Debate Team. He is a member of Phi Delta Phi legal fraternity.
Before founding Walton Law Firm in 2001, Trip served as a Deputy District Attorney in Montgomery County, AL where he prosecuted numerous felony cases including capital murder, murder, rape, robbery, dealing of marijuana, dealing of cocaine, trafficking of illegal drugs, arson, and other felony type offenses. Trip left the DA’s office in Montgomery and began his private practice with Harper and Meadows Law Firm in Auburn, Alabama. Senior partner Bobby Harper became a circuit judge in Lee County and thereafter Trip and Bob Meadows joined forces with Walker, Hill, Adams, Umbach, Meadows and Walton. While a partner with the Walker-Hill firm, in Opelika/Auburn, Trip handled the City prosecution duties for the City of Auburn, for approximately five (5) years. He also built his personal injury/wrongful death practice while a partner at the Walker-Hill firm.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 334-321-3000
- Phone Number: 334-321-3000
- Lawyer Page: https://www.waltonlaw.com/our-team-lawyers-alabama-georgia/trip-walton/
- 1710 Catherine Court, Suite B
Auburn, AL 36830
- The University of Alabama, Juris Doctorate, graduated 1984
- Auburn University, Political Science, graduated 1980
- Alabama, 1984
- Georgia, 2008
- Alabama Association for Justice - Speaker & Member
- Alabama State Bar - Unauthorized Practice Law Committee - President
- American Association for Justice - Member
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys - Member
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America - Speaker & Member
- Middle District of Alabama
- United States Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Supreme Court United States of America
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Million Dollar Forum
- American Bar Association Fellows
- MartinDale Hubbel AV Preeminate
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Top Attorney's Alabama
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Top 1 Percent
- Eagle Scout
- Heavy Weight Golden Glove Boxing Champion
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Criminal Defense: General Practice
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- DUI / DWI Defense
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.