Recognized since 2008
Wesley E. Wright is a native Houstonian, and has been practicing law in the Houston area since 1982. He is a graduate of the University of Houston and South Texas College of Law.
Mr. Wright is a Board Certified attorney in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, and is a Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) by the National Elder Law Foundation. His legal practice focuses exclusively in the areas of elder law, Medicaid planning, estate planning with an emphasis on the disabled and the use of special needs trusts, as well as, estate and trust administration.
He was listed in Super Lawyers as the only Elder Law attorney in Houston for 2015 and has been listed as a Texas Super Lawyer for Elder Law every year since 2006. Texas’ Best Lawyers named Mr. Wright Lawyer of the Year in Elder Law for the Houston area in 2014 and 2017. He is an original founder of the Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association (DELAA) and served as President of that organization for the first two years. He has served as Chair for the Probate, Trusts, and Estates Section of the Houston Bar Association. He has served as President of the Texas Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) 2004-2005 and 2014-2015 and served on the National Board of NAELA for two years.
He co-authors a monthly column in the Houston Chronicle called Elder Law Notes and he is a regular speaker on Elder Law topics. He is a co-author of Save My Home! Saving Your Home, Farm or Ranch from Medicaid Estate Recovery in Texas, a book on Medicaid Estate Recovery; and a co-author of West=s Texas Elder Law (Volume 51, Texas Practice Series).
Contact & Links
- 4949 Bissonnet Street
Bellaire, TX 77401
- South Texas College of Law , J.D., graduated 1981
- University of Houston , BS, graduated 1977
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- Disability & Elder Law Attorneys Association, An Original Founder - Member
- Houston Bar Association, Probate, Trusts & Estates Section, Chair 2000-2001 - Member
- NAMI - Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Bylaws Committee 2001-2002, Program and Education Committee 2001-2004, Membership Committee 2002-2003, NAELA Board Member 2004-2006, Editorial Board Member for NAELA Journal 2004-2005, CAP - Member
- Special Needs Alliance - Member
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate & Trust Section - Member
- Texas Chapter of NAELA, President, 2003-2004 & 2014-2015 - Member
- The ARC of Greater Houston - Member
- Texas - Supreme Court
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Elder Law, Houston (2022)
- Elder Law, Houston (2017)
- Elder Law, Houston (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Elder Law
- Outstanding Member Award, Texas Chapter of NAELA, 2002
- Martindale Hubble AV® Peer Review Rated*†
- Quoted in USA Today, "Sorry, Savers: Interest Rates Set New Lows," by John Wagner, July 2012
- Listed as a Top Rated Lawyer in Trust & Estate Law, The American Lawyer Magazine 2013
- Listed as Lawyer of the Year, Elder Law - Houston Area, Texas' Best Lawyers, 2014 and 2017
- Listed in Texas Super Lawyers - Elder Law, Texas Monthly, 2006-2019
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2008-2020
- Houston's Top Lawyers for the People, H Texas Magazine, 2008 - 2009, 2012 - 2015
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.