Recognized since 2014
Washington, District of Columbia
Having practiced energy law for over twenty-nine years, Wendy has been consistently recognized by Chambers USA as a leader in the field, describing her as “almost superhuman when it comes to managing a diverse group into a consistent regulatory position” in their 2010 rankings. In 2021, Chambers noted, “Wendy provides wise guidance on how best to address legal requirements in a manner that is both convincing and understandable” and also commended her “great leadership and organizational skills.” Wendy is also recognized in Chambers Global.
Known for her depth of knowledge and superb handling of clients, Wendy focuses her practice on representing electric utility clients before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and federal courts. She is particularly focused on representing transmission owners in a variety of matters including transmission rates, tariffs, regional transmission organization (RTO) formation and compliance. In addition, Wendy has extensive experience counseling the MISO Transmission Owners on all regulatory issues, as well as representing U.S. and Canadian entities on a wide range of electric regulatory matters.
- 1200 G Street, NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20005-3898
- College of William & Mary, J.D. , graduated 1992
- University of Virginia, B.A., distinction in History, graduated 1989
- Virginia, Virginia
- American Bar Association - Member
- Energy Bar Association - Member
- Women’s Council on Energy and the Environment - Member
- Virginia (practice limited to matters/proceedings before federal courts and agencies)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Energy Law, Washington, D.C. (2023)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Energy Law
- Chambers USA, Energy: Electricity (2005-2020)
- Chambers Global, Energy & Natural Resources (2012-2020)
- Super Lawyers, Washington, DC, Energy & Natural Resources (2013)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Energy Law (2014-2020)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.