Recognized since 2009
Washington, District of Columbia
Warren Lee Lewis serves as chair of Akerman’s Franchise & Licensing Practice, a highly experienced team that handles U.S. and international franchising, licensing, dealership and trademark counseling, registration and litigation matters for franchisors, licensors, subfranchisors, dealers and other business clients.
In the field of franchising, Warren has authored books, studies, articles and regulatory comments, frequently speaks at U.S. and international franchise conferences, and has testified before Congress. The U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the Committee on Small Business of the U.S. House of Representatives have cited his studies and regulatory comments.
Numerous industry publications, including International Who’s Who of Franchise Lawyers, The Best Lawyers in America, Franchise Times and Super Lawyers, have recognized Warren for his franchising experience.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.akerman.com/en/people/warren-lewis.html
- 750 Ninth Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia, Virginia State Bar
- Franchise Times Magazine Hall of Fame - member
- International Bar Association, Business Law Section, Franchising Committee - Member
- International Franchise Association, Legal/Legislative Committee, Council of Franchise Suppliers - Member
- North American Securities Administrators Association, Franchise/Business Opportunities Project, Advisory Committee - Member
- Capital Area Franchise Association - General Counsel
- American Bar Association Forum on Franchising - Member
- U.S. Supreme Court
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Franchise Law
- Who's Who Legal-Franchise Law
- Legal Eagle-Franchise Times
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- International Franchise Association, "Franny" Distinguished Achievement Award, Recipient
- Washington SmartCEO Legal Elite, Listed in D.C.
- International Who's Who of Franchise Lawyers, Listed as one of 174 lawyers worldwide considered as leaders in the field of Franchise Law
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2007-2010, 2013-2016, Listed in Washington, D.C. for Franchise/Dealership and Intellectual Property
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2010, Listed in Virginia as a "Top Attorney" for Franchise/Dealership
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2006-2010, Listed in Virginia for Franchise/Dealership and Intellectual Property
- Franchise Times Magazine, Legal Eagle 2013-2016
Publications and Lectures
- Author, The Franchise Seller's Handbook, 2010
- Author, Franchises: Dollars & Sense
- Franchise Today, Executive Leaders Radio Show, Guest, "Franchise Sales Best Practices," May 2010
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.