Recognized since 2013
Wanda Fowler was a Justice on the Fourteenth Court of Appeals for almost 14 years before joining Wright Close & Barger, LLP as a partner. While on the Court she authored approximately 1900 opinions and decided approximately 3,800 more cases. In 2001, the other members of the Court elected her Acting Chief Justice for five months pending an appointment of a new chief justice and, in 2003, the Houston Chapter of the Texas Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists voted her Appellate Judge of the Year.
Ms. Fowler is an American Arbitration Association (AAA) panelist and presides over arbitrations involving complex commercial disputes, insurance coverage matters, and construction cases. She has been appointed as a neutral or non-neutral arbitrator on a variety of matters. In addition, she has served as a mediator on a variety of litigation cases involving commercial transactions, energy law, insurance coverage, and personal injury claims. Wanda has been included on the list of Best Lawyers in America (2013-2021) in Appellate Law, and among “Texas’ Best Lawyers” (2013-2021), by Best Lawyers.
She is a frequent speaker at CLE seminars. Before joining the Court, Ms. Fowler was a commercial litigator in private practice, and was in-house legal counsel for GTE Mobilnet.
- Contract Disputes
- Insurance Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- One Riverway, Suite 2200
Houston, TX 77056
- United States, State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association (Appellate Section) - Chair
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- National Association of Women Judges - Former Chairwoman of the Annual Conference
- Texas and Houston Bar Associations - Fellow
- Curriculum Committee for the Texas Center for the Judiciary - Past Member
- College of the State Bar - Member
- St. Luke’s United Methodist Church - Board of Trustees
- Federal District for the Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United State Supreme Court
- Appellate Practice
- Appellate Judge of the Year, 2003, by the Texas Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013-2024, Appellate Law
- American Leadership Forum, Class XXVI
- Certified in Appellate Jurisprudence by the Texas College for Judicial Studies, 2006
- University of Houston A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center’s Advanced Arbitration Course, 2016
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.