Walter E. Brock, Jr.
Young Moore and Henderson, P.A.
Recognized since 2007
Raleigh, North Carolina
Walter Brock’s practice is focused on civil litigation and insurance law, with special experience and interest in the following areas of practice: professional liability law and litigation, professional liability insurance, first party and third party insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, property and casualty insurance, product liability litigation, construction defect litigation, trade secret, non-compete, and non-solicitation litigation, business and commercial litigation, breach of contract and unfair trade practice litigation, catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death litigation.
Walter routinely litigates cases in the Superior Courts throughout North Carolina, including the North Carolina Business Court, and in each of the three Federal District Courts in North Carolina. He frequently represents parties in appeals before the Court of Appeals of North Carolina, the North Carolina Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. He is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court. He also appears before administrative agencies, including the North Carolina Department of Insurance.
Walter is author of the book chapter on professional liability insurance in the LexisNexis Practice Guide: North Carolina Insurance Litigation. He has organized and presented at seminars, authored articles, lectured, moderated panel discussions and given trial demonstrations on civil litigation, civil procedure and evidence, ADR and mediation, deposition preparation, products liability, insurance bad faith litigation, and insurance coverage.
Walter has also assisted professional liability insurers in drafting and updating their professional liability policies and endorsements.
Walter has served the Bar as President of the Wake County and Tenth Judicial District Bars, as a hearing officer on the North Carolina State Bar Disciplinary Hearing Commission, and as a current State Bar Councilor representing the Tenth Judicial District on the Grievance Committee and the Authorized Practice of Law Committee.
Recognized by his peers for excellence in the practice of law, Walter is an elected member of the Eastern North Carolina Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates and a Fellow of the American College of Coverage Counsel (ACCC). He is named in The Best Lawyers in America©, North Carolina Super Lawyers®, and Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite.
Walter has been with the firm since 1979 and is the Litigation I Team Leader. He was law clerk to former Chief Judge Naomi Morris of the North Carolina Court of Appeals before joining the firm.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 919-861-5119
- Phone Number: 919-782-6860
- Lawyer Page: https://www.youngmoorelaw.com/h/our-people/lawyers/walter-brock/
- 3101 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 200
P.O. Box 31627
Raleigh, NC 27622-1627
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., graduated 1978
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., graduated 1975
- North Carolina, 1978
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Eastern North Carolina Chapter - Board of Directors, President (Previous)
- American College of Coverage Counsel - Fellow
- North Carolina State Bar - Disciplinary Hearing Commission (previous)
- Tenth Judicial Bar Association - Councilor (2015-present)
- Tenth Judicial Bar Association - Mediator and Arbitrator, Fee Dispute Resolution Committee
- Wake County Bar Association - President (1998)
- Wake County Bar Association - Chair of Public Service Committee
- U.S. District Courts for North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
20 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
2 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Insurance Law, Raleigh (2013)
- Insurance Law
- Listed in North Carolina Super Lawyers® in the area of Insurance Coverage (2006-2020), Business Edition (2011, 2013, & 2016)
- Listed in Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite (2014)
- American Board of Trial Advocates – Past President and National Board Member
- Fellow, American College of Coverage Counsel
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Insurance Law (2007, 2009, 2012, 2014, & 2015-2020)
- Administrative / Regulatory Law
- Appellate Practice
- Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Litigation - Insurance
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.