Recognized since 1995
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Attorney Walter A. Costello, Jr., represents plaintiffs in cases involving serious and catastrophic personal injuries. Over his more than 40-year career, he has handled a wide array of matters leading to multi-million dollar results for his clients, including motor vehicle and trucking accidents, construction site injuries, products liability, premises liability, medical malpractice/nursing home liability, and aquatic injury claims.
A past president of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, the American Association for Justice and Essex County Bar Association, Attorney Costello has also been appointed to several leadership roles within the Massachusetts Bar Association, including many years of service on the Executive Committee.
He is recognized in Best Lawyers in America and has also been identified as a Super Lawyer by New England Super Lawyers Magazine every year since 2006, in recognition of his work representing plaintiffs in personal injury cases. He has also received multiple awards for excellence from the national plaintiffs’ attorneys group, the American Association for Justice, as well as serving on the organization’s Executive Committee. Costello has a 10.0 Superb rating from AVVO.com. He has lectured frequently on practice and procedure, and co-founded the Essex County Superior Court’s Voluntary Mediation/Conciliation Program.
Costello is a partner at Kazarosian Costello LLP, with offices in Haverhill and Salem, Mass. Read more about Kazarosian Costello LLP on the firm’s website: kazcolaw.com.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://kazcolaw.com/attorneys/walter-a-costello-jr/
- 546 Main Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
- Boston College Law School
- Boston University
- Massachusetts, 1973
- American Association for Justice - Chairman, Council of Presidents
- Board of Bar Overseers - Hearings Officer
- Boston College Law School - Alumni Council
- Essex County Bar Association - Lifetime Member, Board of Directors
- Essex County Bar Association - Past President
- Essex County Superior Court - Mediator and Arbitrator
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys - Lifetime Member, Board of Governors
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys - Past President
- Massachusetts Bar Association - Executive Management Board and Regional Delegate
- Salem Bar Association - Member
- Town of Swampscott - Chairman, Board of Appeals
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Massachusetts, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, 1975
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 1974
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Best Lawyers in America
- Who's Who American Lawyer
- Super Lawyers: Personal Injury-Plaintiff
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Centennial Award, 2011
- American Association for Justice, Wiedemann Wysocki Citation of Excellence, 1996
- American Association for Justice, Wiedemann Wysocki Citation of Excellence, 1993
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.