Wade M. Burgeson
Recognized in:Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Law School:University of North Dakota
Firm's Phone Number:
Location:2800 North Central Avenue, Suite 1200Phoenix, AZ 85004
- University of North Dakota , J.D., graduated 1994
- University of North Dakota, Political Science, graduated 1990
- Arizona, State Bar of Arizona
- Nevada, State Bar of Nevada
- Colorado, Colorado Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Turnaround Management Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- 2015 District of Arizona Annual Conference – Panel presentation discussing post-chapter 11 confirmation injunctions in favor of non-debtor entities
- 2010 State Bar Convention – Panel presentation discussing receiverships and bankruptcy issues; pro bono award
Representation of a bank client in the consensual liquidation of a high-end retail clothing business.
Representation of a receiver in the operation and liquidation of a large dairy business, involving litigation in both state and federal courts and the collection of in excess of $20,000,000 for the lender.
Successful defense of a seller in a lawsuit alleging an 8-figure land sale fraudulent transaction.
Representation of a high-end condominium developer in obtaining a confirmed chapter 11 plan and successful litigation against multi-million dollar judgment creditor.
Representation of a national financial institution’s real estate owned division, including preparation of all transactional and title documents and negotiating sales through the close of escrow.
Representation of national financial institution in obtaining a multi-million dollar judgment and recovery/liquidation of collateral.
Representation of various lenders in enforcing and defending the lender’s rights in real estate and personal property collateral, including obtaining pre-judgment remedies. Achieving an out-of-court restructuring for the owners of two hotel properties allowing them to retain their properties with a negotiated resolution with their lenders.
Representation of a bank in the workout of a credit facility between the bank and an auto service company covering multiple locations and numerous guarantors.
Representation of a credit union in the enforcement of creditors’ rights in state and federal courts, including pre-judgment seizure of collateral.
Representation of a bankruptcy debtor in the successful prosecution and trial of an objection to a claim filed by a governmental entity. Litigation of numerous non-dischargeability actions in bankruptcy proceedings.
Litigation of numerous non-dischargeability actions in bankruptcy proceedings.