W. Lee Webster
Recognized in:Intellectual Property Law
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- American Bar Association - Member
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce, Intellectual Property Committee - Chair
- Canadian Intellectual Property Council - Founder and Steering Committee Member
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada - Member
- International Trademark Association - Member
- Licensing Executive Society - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Intellectual Property Law
- Intellectual Asset Magazine (IAM)250 Worlds Leading Licensing Lawyers: ranked as one of the world’s leading licensing lawyers
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business : Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Asset Magazine (IAM)Trade-mark Prosecution: ranked as one of Canada’s top five trade-mark prosecution lawyers.
- Intellectual Asset Magazine (IAM)Patent 1000: ranked as one of the world’s leading patent practitioners
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Intellectual Property
- WTR 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals : Enforcement & Litigation (gold band)
- Recognized as one of the World’s Leading Patent Practitioners by Intellectual Asset Management .
- Acting on behalf of a consortium of 12 major oil production companies in structuring and implementing a technology sharing arrangement for technology that fosters environmental benefits in oil sands development applications.
- Acting on behalf of a Chinese petrochemical company in structuring technology licensing and sharing arrangements for a joint venture constructing a natural gas liquification facility in Canada.
- Acting on behalf of a Canadian company in structuring the technology licensing arrangements for advanced commercial chemical reaction system for separating carbon and hydrogen from natural gas.
- Acting on behalf of a major Canadian energy (hydro-electric) provider in structuring the technology licensing and sharing arrangements for the development, construction and operation of a compressed natural gas transportation infrastructure.
- Acting on behalf of a major Canadian uranium technology provider in structuring the technology licensing arrangements for the construction of a uranium refinery in central Asia.
- Acting on behalf of a Canadian company in technology licensing and related issues pertaining to the use and development of a novel process of manufacturing titanium dioxide.
- Acting on behalf of a Canadian company in technology licensing and related issues pertaining to an adult entertainment device.
- Acted on behalf of a New York based investment bank in advising them on the acquisition of a prominent Canadian patent aggregator in, among other things, mobile phone technology.
- Acted on behalf of a prominent US based engineering construction and management firm in structuring a technology services and sharing agreement for technology relating to the manufacture of silicon.
- Acted on behalf of a prominent accounting firm in structuring technology transfer and licensing arrangement for computer hardware and firmware for use in electoral applications.
- Acted on behalf of a major Canadian gold manufacturer in negotiating a joint venture and licensing arrangement with a Chilean mineral processing research and development company.
- Acted on behalf of a Canadian medical devices company in structuring a technology joint venture arrangement for technology relating to the analysis of blood samples.
- Acting on behalf of major European and U.S. based clothing and wearing apparel manufacturers on trademark prosecution, enforcement and licensing matters.
- Acting on behalf of a major Canadian based property developer and manager on Canadian and international trademark prosecution, enforcement and licensing matters.
- Acting on behalf of a major Canadian based pension fund on Canadian and international trademark prosecution, enforcement and licensing matters.
- Acting on behalf of a major Australian wine manufacturer on trademark prosecution, enforcement and licensing matters.
- Acted on behalf of a major Canadian film development and distribution company involved in litigating copyright, trademark, public authority mark and other issues pertaining to the literary work Anne of Green Gables.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 1st Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
The Guinness Tower
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018