W. Darrell Armer
Recognized in:Health Care Law
Law School:Texas Tech University School of Law
Location:1601 Elm Street, Suite 4600Dallas, TX 75201
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas, BBA
- American Health Lawyers Association - Member
- Dallas Bar Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Health Care Law
- Named “Rising Star” in 2006 - 2009 and “Super Lawyer” from 2009-2015 by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters business) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazine
- Syndication of partnership/company interests in hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, diagnostic centers, and medical office buildings, including preparation of private placement memorandums.
- Representation of physician / hospital partnerships in the development of hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, diagnostic imaging centers and cath labs.
- Serves as outside general counsel to medical and dental practices.
- Representation of developers in the acquisition of real property and their negotiations with tenants.
- Acquisition of ambulatory surgery centers, laboratories, physical therapy companies, and other enterprises.
- Representation of business entities with regard to capital formation and in lending transactions.
- Ongoing representation of health care providers in medical staff issues, peer review hearings, physician licensing, confidentiality of medical records, delivery of patient care, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement issues, fraud and abuse and operational issues.
- Representation of nonprofit health corporations certified by the Texas Medical Board on operational, employee benefit and tax-exempt issues.
- Obtained favorable advisory opinions from CMS that a specialty hospital was considered "under development" for purposes of the moratorium affecting the "whole hospital exception" to the Stark Law.
- Development and implementation of compliance programs and related policies and procedures.