Recognized since 2009
Corporate Governance Law
Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Securities / Capital Markets Law
Ben Barkley advises public and private clients in a broad range of corporate finance transactions and securities regulatory matters, including:
- mergers and acquisitions
- public offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities
- venture capital and private equity investments
- compliance with securities disclosure obligations
- corporate governance
- corporate restructurings, recapitalizations and distressed situations
- joint ventures and strategic alliances
- special committee, board and independent director counsel
Mr. Barkley has broad experience structuring and executing mergers and acquisitions and other control transactions, including extensive experience representing strategic buyers in consolidating industries, leading serial acquisition programs including from 10 to 120 acquisitions. He has handled public and private issuances of debt securities in transactions ranging in size from $20 million to $1.35 billion, including Rule 144A offerings, high yield 144A-for-life bond offerings, investment grade public debt offerings, institutional private placements, and Exxon Capital debt exchange offerings. He also has extensive experience with equity offerings ranging in size from $10 million to more than $1 billion, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings, at-the-market continuous offerings, and PIPES transactions.Mr. Barkley previously served as Deputy Managing Partner of the firm, and as Chairman of its Corporate Practice.
Contact & Links
- 1100 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 2800
Atlanta, GA 30309
- University of Georgia , graduated 1988
- University of Georgia , graduated 1991
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Corporate Law, Atlanta (2022)
- Securities Regulation, Atlanta (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Securities Regulation
- Corporate Compliance
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
"Ben has provided terrific legal service. His advice is practical, he has a great understanding of our business, and he is flexible in terms of fees."
"W. Benjamin Barkley has proven to be a reliable partner. He has executed all expectations in regards to hand-holding transactions. He brings a deal-maker mind set to negotiations and helps to facilitate smooth closings."
"Ben Barkley has a deep understanding of his practice area and delivers advice in a practical way. Combined with his dedication to his clients and sense of humor, his substantive knowledge and experience make him an asset in any transaction."
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.