Víctor Manuel Barajas Barrera
Recognized since 2018
Mexico City, Mexico
Trusts and Estates
Tax Consulting & Litigation, Estate Planning & Asset Protection
ASSOCIATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners México (STEP); Chairman.
American Chamber of Commerce Mexico (AmCham); member of the tax committee.
International Fiscal Association (IFA); Young IFA Network (YIN); Former Chairman 2015-2017.
Mexican Institute of Financial Executives (IMEF).
Author of several national and international articles and publications and has participated as speaker in the International Bar Association, the International Fiscal Association, Lex Mundi, the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, among others.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Professor of international taxation at the LL.M. program, Universidad Anáhuac, Cancún campus and, at the Universidad Marista Mérida campus. Has taught a course on “Taxation of Foreign Residents” of the “Tax Treaties and Foreign Residents” program of the International Fiscal Association in Mexico, and has been assistant professor at the LL.Ms’ programs on taxation and tax law, Universidad Panamericana.
Tax planning, advisory and tax strategy, both at national and international levels; application of tax treaties, including private clients, estate planning for individuals and their families, tax aspects of transactions by corporations, mergers and acquisitions and reorganizations, transfer pricing, among others. Frequently represents clients, including 500 Fortune multinational companies, before tax authorities in ruling requests, mutual agreement procedures, audits, tax refunds, tax litigation and settlements procedures.
Legal 500, Best Lawyers, Who’s Who Legal and Band 1 in Wealth Private Law by Chambers’ and Partners High Net Worth, recognized as a prominent lawyer in tax law.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.basham.com.mx/socios_barajasvictor.html
- Paseo de los Tamarindos No. 400-A, Piso 9
Col. Bosques de las Lomas
Mexico City 05120
- Mexico, Admitted to practice since 2012
- International Fiscal Association (IFA) - Member
- American Chamber of Commerce Mexico - Member of the Tax Committee
- Mexican Institute of Financial Executives (IMEF) - Member of the Tax Committee
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners México (STEP) - Chairman
- Young IFA Network (YIN) - Chairman 2015-2017.
34 The Best Lawyers in Mexico™ awards
13 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Mexico™ awards
- Trusts and Estates, Mexico City, Mexico (2023)
- Tax Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Recognized as a prominent lawyer in Tax Law.
- Recognized in Legal 500
- Recognized in Best Lawyers
- Recognized in Who’s Who Legal
- Band 1 in Wealth Private Law by Chambers’ and Partners High Net Worth
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.