Tristram J. Mallett
Recognized in:Alternative Dispute ResolutionClass Action Litigation...
Location:TC Energy Tower, Suite 2500450 1st Street, SWCalgary, AB T2P 5H1
- Alberta, Law Society of Alberta
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Alberta and Ontario Law Societies - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Class Action Litigation
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Director and Officer Liability Practice
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory: Class Actions; Litigation - Securities; Competition Law; Litigation – Directors’ & Officers’ Liability
- Benchmark Litigation Canada : Class Action; Securities; General Commercial
- Defending BP plc in a proposed securities class action commenced in Alberta arising from the 2010 Deepwater Horizon explosion and subsequent Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
- Defending Facebook, Inc. in a proposed securities class actions in Ontario, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Quebec arising from Facebook's initial public offering (IPO) in the United States; and in a proposed privacy class action in British Columbia concerning Facebook's "sponsored stories".
- Groupon Inc. in a proposed class proceeding in Alberta alleging Groupon's vochers violate consumer protection legislation.
- Securities dealers in defence of class action and institutional investor claims for misrepresentation in connection with public offerings of and trading in securities.
- Issuers, corporate officers and directors and securities industry participantsin internal or regulatory investigations, and in prosecutions by securities regulatory authorities.
- Foreign state-owned international energy company in defence of proposed investor class action alleging insider trading and conspiracy.
- Defending Elpida Memory, a major international manufacturer of DRAM chips, in proposed class actions filed in Ontario, Quebec and B.C. alleging price-fixing in the manufacturing and distribution of DRAM chips.
- Defending a proposed class action against computer printer manufacturer Epsonunder provincial consumer protection laws for alleged misstatements about the capabilities of certain computer printer cartridges.
- Defending Imperial Tobacco in health care cost recovery actions filed in various provinces in Western Canada.
- Defending Merrill Lynch Canada in a proposed class action alleging mismanagement of client accounts.
- Defending a consumer product manufacturer in a proposed class action under British Columbia consumer protection laws and federal Competition Act alleging misrepresentations about the effectiveness of an over the counter medication.
- Defending pharmaceutical companies multi-jurisdictional consumer class actions.
- Defending a major airline in defence of class action proceedings in Ontario, Quebec and B.C. alleging price-fixing in the air cargo industry.
- Representing PetroKazakhstan in a long running dispute with Russian energy giant, Lukoil, concerning their joint ownership of JSC Turgai Petroleum, which holds significant energy assets in Kazakhstan.
TC Energy Tower, Suite 2500
450 1st Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
The Guinness Tower
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018