Recognized since 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
Health Care Law
Litigation - Health Care
Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
The euphemism “fire in the belly” speaks to me. I feel it every single day. I care. Seriously. I really care. Every win, honor, accomplishment, success or achievement in my career is the result of sheer determination, hard work and the belief that failure is not an option. “Fire in the belly” cannot be bought. I am not even sure it can be taught or generated. I just know I have it.
I love what I do. Not many people can honestly say that. I approach every single case differently with a focus on the client’s vision of success rather than my own. Context and perspective are two of the most important terms in my practice. I am dedicated to client-driven advocacy interwoven with strategic legal direction.
In order to resolve a case successfully, you need to be prepared to try it. Experience matters. I have litigated hundreds of cases and spent thousands of hours in the courtroom. My clients range from individuals to international corporations. It doesn’t matter who you are. For me, what matters is how I can help you.
Business litigation is my specialty. Shareholder disputes, commercial real estate disputes, healthcare litigation (regulatory and malpractice based), financial services litigation and contract disputes are all areas where I have significant experience.
Tricia Derr is the co-founder of Lincoln Derr and serves at the helm of the firm leading all practice groups through active counsel, litigation, and advising. Ms. Derr is a litigator specializing in innovative multi-media communication, practical business-minded advice, and speaking to audiences in a “real”, non-technical way.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://lincolnderr.com/tricia-m-derr/
- 4350 Congress Street, Suite 575
Charlotte, NC 28209
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill , J.D., graduated 1997
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, English, graduated 1994
- North Carolina, 1997
- South Carolina, 2020
- North Carolina Court of Appeals
- North Carolina Supreme Court
- United States Courts for the Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants, Charlotte (2022)
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants, Charlotte (2020)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Commercial Litigation
- Health Care Law
- Litigation - Health Care
- American College of Trial Lawyers FellowTop 25 Charlotte Super Lawyers® (2020)Top 50 North Carolina Women Super Lawyers® (2020)Top 100 North Carolina Super Lawyers® (2020)North Carolina Super Lawyers® (2012 – 2021) Best Lawyers in America©, 26th Edition, Lawyer of the Year, North Carolina Best Lawyers in America©, 26th Edition, Medical Malpractice – Defendants, Professional Malpractice – Defendants, Commercial Litigation, Health Care Law, Litigation – Health Care, and Personal Injury Litigation Best Lawyers in America©, 24th & 25th Edition, Medical Malpractice – Defendants, Professional Malpractice – DefendantsTop Lawyers of North Carolina ( 2016-2017)Top 50 Women North Carolina Super Lawyers (2016)Charlotte Magazine Top Attorneys In The Charlotte Area (2016)Martindale-Hubbell®, Top Attorney in North Carolina (2016 -2017)America’s Most Honored Professionals, Top 1% (2015-2017)Martindale-Hubbell®, Top Rated Lawyers in Litigation (2015)Martindale-Hubbell®Bar Registry of Preeminent Women Lawyers™ (2011 – 2017)Legal Elite, Business North Carolina, Top Tar Heel Lawyers, North Carolina (2011)Super Lawyers®, Rising Star in Business Litigation, North Carolina (2009-2011)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.