Recognized in:Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law
Law School:McMaster University
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- McMaster University, BA
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Member, Board of Directors; Member of Banking and Finance and International Committees
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- INSOL International - Member
- Insolvency Institute of Canada - Member
- Turnaround Management Association (U.S.) - Member and Past Member, Board of Directors
- WAVE - Women's Association of Venture & Equity - Member
- Women in Capital Markets - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law
- Who’s Who Legal: Insolvency & Restructuring
- Expert Guides: Women in Business Law : Insolvency & Financial Restructuring
- Expert Guides: Banking, Financial and Transactional Law: Insolvency & Financial Restructuring
- IFLR 1000 : The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms: Restructuring and Insolvency
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Business Lawyers : Restructuring/Insolvency
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Insolvency & Financial Restructuring
- Recipient of the TMA Toronto Women of Excellence Award for making an exceptional contribution to the turnaround and restructuring community in Ontario.
Areas of Expertise:
- Cross-Border Insolvencies
- League Assets Corp., acting for PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc. as Monitor, in connection with League’s restructuring under the CCAA.
- Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Canada Co., acting for Irving Oil, in connection with MM&A’s restructuring under the CCAA.
- Homburg Invest Inc. in connection with its restructuring under the CCAA.
- HSH Nordbank as agent to the senior lending syndicate in the CCAA and receivership of Skypower Corp.
- Maple Leaf Foods in connection with its acquisition of The Puratone Corporation and Paradigm Farms Inc.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc. in connection with the receivership of Northern Sawmills Inc. and Atikokan Forest Products Ltd. and Cover-All Holding Corp.
- Crystal Financial, LLC in connection with its loan facility to Petrowest Energy Services Trust.
- FTI Consulting, Inc. as Monitor of Renin Corp.
- Versa Capital in connection with its DIP loan to and acquisition of Bowe +Bell & Howell in CCAA and Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Blockbuster Canada Co. in connection with the restructuring of its Canadian operations.
- Canwest Global Communications in connection with its refinancing, CCAA restructuring and sale of its broadcast and newspaper businesses.
- General Motors of Canada in its successful out of court restructuring in Canada.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018