Recognized since 2021
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
Tracy Brammeier is no stranger to tort law, having worked as a clerk at the firm for years and then jumping into courtroom work and complex tort cases. In fact, her intelligence and legal acumen have led her to already have worked on some of the biggest lawsuits filed at the firm, led by partners directing the cases.
She works closely with partner Kevin P. Durkin handling many transportation accident matters. Tracy has worked on several cases involving bicyclists struck by trucks, a man who suffered a crushing injury after being run over by a forklift, and a woman who died in a boating incident on Lake Michigan.
Tracy also handles aviation matters, and has worked on many of the firm’s commercial and private aviation incident cases, involving both airplane and helicopter accidents. Currently, Tracy acts as the court-appointed Liaison Counsel in the lawsuit arising from the 2019 crash of Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302, a Boeing 737 MAX 8 airplane.
In 2018, Tracy was heavily involved in a case where a 22-year-old pedestrian was struck by a semi-truck, obtaining a record $35 million settlement after seven days of trial alongside Bob Clifford and Kevin Durkin. She also was part of the trial team the obtained a $21.5 million verdict after the month-long trial of two park districts for the drowning of a 6-year-old boy.
Tracy works to ensure the quality and integrity of the justice system as an investigating member of the Chicago Bar Association’s Judicial Evaluation Committee. She also gives back to the community through her work with the 100 Club of Chicago, a not-for-profit organization that assists the families of police officers and firefighters throughout Cook and Lake Counties, by providing a legal resource following the death of a loved one killed in the line of duty. Tracy also volunteers with the Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Section program Wills For Heroes, which prepares basic wills for Chicago and Illinois State police officers. She is also active in several bar associations.
Her work has earned her accolades from Super Lawyers, Leading Lawyers, Law Bulletin Media, and Law Bulletin Publishing Company. In 2020, Emerging Lawyers profiled her in an article titled, “Tracy Brammeier: Building a Reputation in Transportation Injury Plaintiff’s Law,” for her expertise in transportation injury law.
Tracy graduated from Loyola University School of Law in Chicago. While in law school, she served as an Extern for the Honorable Thomas M. Durkin of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- 120 North LaSalle Street, 36th Floor
Chicago, IL 60602
- Loyola University Chicago, graduated 2014
- Loyola University Chicago, graduated 2010
- The National Trial Lawyers - Top 40 Under 40
- Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Section - Second Vice Chair
- Chicago Bar Association - Young Lawyers Section 2018 “Young Lawyer with Exceptional Promise”
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Young Lawyers Section - Public Service Manager
- Judicial Evaluation Committee -
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Managers -
- American Association for Justice - Member
18 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
1 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America award
- Aviation Law
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Best Lawyers in America, 2021
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019-2020
- Leading Lawyer, Law Bulletin Media, 2017-present
- Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 40 Under Forty Illinois Attorneys to Watch, 2018
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Transportation Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.