Tom Brennan SC
13 Wentworth Chambers
Recognized since 2023
Tom Brennan SC specialises in conducting major disputes.
Recent disputes conducted by him include:
- in civil aviation regulatory, commercial, insurance and leasing disputes;
- disputes with Australian federal government regulatory agencies including the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, the Australian Communications and Media Authority, the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority and the Therapeutic Goods Administration;
- employment and industrial disputes;
- commercial disputes.
Contact & Links
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 61 2 9238 0047
- Lawyer Page: https://www.13wentworth.com.au/barrister/tom-brennan/
- Level 13
180 Phillip Street
Sydney NSW 2000
- The Australian National University, Bachelor of Laws, graduated 1983
- The Australian National University, Bachelor of Arts, graduated 1981
- Australia, 2006
21 The Best Lawyers in Australia™ awards
1 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Australia™ award
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Australia™ 2023 for work in:
- Aviation Law
- Trade Law
Charlotte Pass Snow Resort Pty Ltd ats Environment & Protection Authority  NSWLEC 48;  NSWCCA 289Tom acted for the defendant on an application to set aside environmental charges on grounds of duplicity; and in the appeal by the prosecutor
Waterco Ltd v Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines AuthorityTom appeared for registrants under the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemical Code to obtain orders setting aside decisions to cancel various registrations of pool and spa sanitisers. Orders sought made by consent following the first day of expedited trial
Commonwealth of Australia v Helicopter Resources Pty Ltd  HCA 16;  FCAFC 25, 264 FCR 1;  FCA 595,  FCA 991Tom appeared for Helicopter Resources at trial and on appeal – application to restrain a Coroner from examining operator’s Chief Pilot on safety standards of air operations in the Antarctic when the operator has been charged with offences under Work Health and Safety law
Work Health Authority v Outback Ballooning Pty Ltd  HCA 2, 93 ALJR 212;  NTCA 7, 326 FLR 1Tom appeared for Outback Ballooning – Constitutional Law – do the Civil Aviation Act, Regulations and Orders cover the field of the prescription and enforcement of safety standards in civil aviation – exclusion of application of Work Health and Safety laws to safety of civil air operations
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.