Recognized since 2009
Known for his strategic approach, Tim Daw draws on 28 years of experience in litigating and negotiating complex family law cases to help clients achieve their objectives. He works with clients to take charge of their situations by identifying issues, setting priorities, and mapping a course of action to arrive at their goals. As a senior partner of the firm, Mr. Daw assists families and individuals, including executives, business owners, athletes, doctors, celebrities and their spouses and significant others in resolving divorce and other family law matters.
Mr. Daw urges clients to see their divorce strategically, looking beyond the moment and short-term gain to the long-term impact of their decisions. Early in the process he offers a cost/benefit analysis to help clients take the right steps. Because divorce is likely to be one of the largest financial transactions of an individual’s lifetime, Mr. Daw stresses achieving a balance of cash, real estate and retirement investments in the settlement.
Respected as one of the top family lawyers in the Chicago area, Mr. Daw brings expertise to a wide range of family issues including complex financial matters, business valuations, tax planning, shareholder divorce, custody disputes, property division, maintenance issues, and prenuptial agreements.
Mr. Daw has been recognized by his peers and the community for his trial and litigation skills and for his philanthropic efforts. He has been listed among the Best Lawyers in America by Neifeh and Smith, an Illinois Super Lawyer, and a member of the Leading Lawyers Network. The DuPage County Bar Association has recognized him for his outstanding service to the Bar. The DuPage County Legal Assistance Foundation has recognized his pro bono service.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.sdflaw.com/attorneys/tdaw/
- 310 South County Farm Road, Suite 300
Wheaton, IL 60187
- DePaul University , J.D., graduated 1985
- University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, BS, graduated 1982
- Illinois, Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- DuPage County Bar Association - Member
- Illinois State Bar Association - Member, Family Law Section
- Will County Bar Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Listed in Best Lawyers of America, by Neifeh and Smith (2009-2016)
- Illinois Super Lawyer (2005-2016)
- Leading Lawyers Network (2011-2016)
- Martindale Hubbell (Preeminent Peer Review Rating)
- DuPage County Bar Association Board of Directors Award for Outstanding Service
- DuPage County Legal Assistance Foundation Pro Bono Service Award
- DuPage County Bar Association Certificate of Appreciation for the Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute
- DuPage County Bar Association Certificate of Appreciation for Chair Person of the Family Law Practice Committee
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.