Mr. Currier has practiced for over 35 years in municipal law, including representation of cities and school districts, real estate, telecommunications, probate and construction law, and serves as a commercial and construction arbitrator.
- University of Detroit Mercy, graduated 1978
- University of Notre Dame, graduated 1975
- FINRA - Arbitrator
- American Arbitration Association - Arbitrator
- Oakland County Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of Michigan - Member
- Brother Rice Alumni Association - Past President
- University of Notre Dame Alumni Association - Past President of the Detroit Club
- Michigan Association of Municipal Attorneys - member
- Michigan Association of School Attorneys - Past President
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Litigation - Municipal, Detroit (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Litigation - Municipal
- Municipal Law
Attorney Case History
Pure Waters, Inc v City of Birmingham, 883 F> Supp 1999 ( ED Mich 1995)
Succesful defense of the City''s NPDES Permit
In the Matter of William F. Dart Trust, Ingham County Probate Court
Comples trust litigation issues.
Kulak v City of Birmingham, Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals (No. 04-1510, June 19, 2005)
Successful defense of City''s removal of a Planning Baoerd member.
Harbor Telegraph, 2103, LLC v City of Birmingham, Oakland County Circuit Court
Complex litigation including 425 agreement, annexation and detachment issues.
Daisey Bickel et al v Korean Airlines, Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals (Docket number 94-1098 1996)
Issues regarding the applicable law of damages resulting from the Russian shoot down of KAL 007.