Timothy F. Daniels
Recognized in:Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - DefendantsPersonal Injury Litigation - Defendants...
Location:400 Poydras Street, Suite 2700New Orleans, LA 70130
- Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College, graduated 1982
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- Louisiana, Louisiana State Bar Association
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- All Federal District Courts in Louisiana
- All state courts in the State of Louisiana
- All state courts in the State of Texas
- American Bar Association - Member
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- LSU Law School Board of Trustees - Board Member
- New Orleans Bar Association - President, 2012-2013
- International Association of Defense Counsel - Member
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Railroad Law
- Louisiana Super Lawyers
- New Orleans Magazine Top Lawyers: Railroad Law
- CityBusiness Leadership in Law, 2009
- Best Lawyers
Tell us a little bit about your practice and what makes it unique.
- After more than 30 years of practice as a defense trial attorney, I am able to handle cases in multiple practice areas; pharmaceutical (drug and medical devices), railroad (FELA and crossing cases), asbestos, products liability, etc. I have had the privilege of being lead trial counsel and to be part of some amazing trial teams. Also, because of the scope of the work of our clients, I have been able to be involved in several cases outside of Louisiana.
What is most challenging about your area(s) of expertise?
- The most challenging aspect of my trial work is the opportunity and privilege to practice with and against excellent attorneys. This challenges you, not only in requiring detailed and thorough preparation, but it also presents a unique opportunity to represent our clients in important cases and to defend not only the cases but also the great people who work for the involved companies.
What other interests do you have?
- In addition to trying cases, I also like to teach, both law students and young attorneys. Each year, I teach a week-long class every year at my law school, or jury selection and persuasion. I also teach at the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel Trial College in Dallas, Texas every year. This gives me an opportunity to share my experiences with young law students and young lawyers to help them find their own unique style of litigation.
Lawyer Practice Areas
Lawyer Case History
Lynn Hartman v. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., et al, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas
I was member of the trial team that successfully defended the product liability case involving the anticoagulant, Xarelto.