N2 Advantage Law, Ltd.
Recognized since 2003
Tim Nettesheim is the Chief Executive Officer of N2 Advantage Law, Ltd., where he guides publicly and privately held clients through every stage of the business life cycle, from acquisition to sale. Tim’s passion is structuring and negotiating all aspects of buy-side and sell-side M&A deals, including financial analytics and modeling, sourcing financing and capital, tax analysis, and bringing buyers and sellers together to complete their most important transactions. His team provides clients with a turnkey solution that combines all legal aspects of an M&A deal with business and finance advisory services traditionally provided by investment banking boutiques.
Clients choose Tim as their most trusted legal and business advisor, especially when an experienced strategic negotiator is needed. Professionally trained at the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School, ENS International and the Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame, Tim is known for his successful negotiation strategies and uses those skills to guide clients and their boards through every stage of the business lifecycle including: acquisitions, expansion, shareholder buyouts, contracts with vendors and employees, tax planning strategies, negotiating financing transactions, management succession and sales of the businesses.
Tim is an author, speaker and teacher for various business and professional organizations including TEC (The Executive Committee), now VISTAGE, State Bar of Wisconsin, Continuing Legal Education of Wisconsin, Lorman and the Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants. A noted teacher, he is a former adjunct instructor for the highly regarded Graduate Tax Program of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee’s School of Business Administration, where he taught Corporate Tax Strategies. Tim has also lectured on business law at the University of Wisconsin Law School. He has also authored and presented an innovative negotiation training/coaching program that has been presented to over 500 CEO's and CFO's that include public companies, banks and closely held businesses. He also coaches clients, sales teams and human resource professionals on how to use formal negotiation principles in their day-to-day business activities.
Specialties: Negotiation, Mergers and Acquisitions, Raising Capital and Financing, Ownership Succession Planning, Tax and Estate Planning, Tax Dispute Resolution
- 13845 West Bishops Drive, Suite 125
Brookfield, WI 53005
- Harvard University , Program on Negotiation
- University of Notre Dame, Executive Certification in Negotiation
- University of the Pacific , Masters of Taxation
- University of the Pacific , Juris Doctor
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, B.A., Economics
- California, State Bar of
- Wisconsin, 1982
- Association for Corporate Growth - Member
- Dairy Business Association - Member
- International Business Brokers Association - Member
- Marquette University's Commercial Banking Program - Advisory Board Member
- Midwest Business Brokers & Intermediaries - Member
- UWM Alumni Association - Development Committee
- UWM Business Foundation - Board of Directors
- Vistage - Member
- Waukesha County Business Alliance - Board of Directors
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Tax Law
- Best Lawyers in America
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA) Chicago/Midwest Chapter - Small Transaction of the Year Award (2014)
- Wisconsin Law Journal - Leaders in the Law (2017)
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Legal Innovator Award (2019)
"Tim Nettesheim is a great attorney who has served our company well for many years. Beyond being our corporate attorney, Tim has become a trusted member of our management team with his legal and business acumen. He has been involved with all phases of our strategic and financial planning, succession planning, senior management recruiting, and government relations. As a family-owned firm, we are comfortable with Tim's knowledge and ability to counsel all the generations that are involved in our corporate structure. I am pleased to be able to share "good news" about good attorneys."
- Donald Treis (Arandell Corporation), Menomonee Falls, WI
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.