Recognized since 2017
Los Angeles, California
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
Timothy A. Loranger is an attorney, partner, and senior shareholder at the national mass disaster law firm of Baum, Hedlund, Aristei & Goldman. A consumer attorney, pilot, and avid citizen advocate, Tim concentrates his practice on product liability law, aviation, and commercial ground transportation accidents (including truck accidents, train crashes, and military vehicle accidents), and military accidents resulting in catastrophic personal injury or wrongful death.
Tim has experience working on numerous commercial truck, bus, and aviation cases involving negligent design, operation, and maintenance. His experience in these cases, combined with a varied background in science and mechanics, has given him significant insights into finding and proving the causation in these accidents.
A veteran of the United States Marine Corps, Tim served in Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm. His experience as a Marine prepared him for a career in the legal field where service, honor, compassion, perseverance, and dedication are essential traits.
During this time, Tim worked as an aircraft mechanic throughout the U.S., including the Marine Corps and Navy Air Stations in El Toro, California; San Diego, California; Memphis, Tennessee; and Jacksonville, Florida. The focus of his training and work was on RF-4B, F/A-18, and KC-130 aircraft at both the squadron and intermediate maintenance levels. During this time, Tim expressed his strong passion for aviation and aviation safety.
Tim developed a life-long desire to fly at a young age and earned his pilot’s license over 15 years ago. He still finds time to fly even with the full-time practice of law. After serving in the Marines, Tim earned a bachelor’s degree in Biology from California State University, Northridge and his law degree from Southwestern University School of Law.
As a proud member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Consumer Attorneys of California, and the American Association for Justice, Tim is a part of an extensive association of plaintiff attorneys dedicated to representing consumers in, and protecting them from, unsafe products, unsafe medicine, unfair business practices, and unscrupulous, negligent corporate conduct.
Tim dedicates himself beyond the courtroom by lobbying for consumer safety legislation as a strong advocate for victim’s rights and equal access to justice. He is a proud member of the CAALA Board of Governors, as well as an active member of various committees within CAALA, including the Government Relations Committee, the Public Relations Committee, the Listserve Committee, the New Lawyers Committee, and the Mentor Program.
CAALA has honored Tim with three Presidential Awards for his tireless efforts to preserve victims’ rights and for his advocacy for consumer safety.
In his spare time, Tim raises money for charity, runs in marathons, and trains and competes in triathlons, with plans for a full distance Ironman Triathlon in the works. He receives his greatest joy spending time with his wife, Desiree, and their daughter, Elizabeth.
Tim was also an active member of the Boy Scouts of America and the Civil Air Patrol—a benevolent, nonprofit organization and auxiliary of the new U.S. Air Force, dedicated to aerospace education.
Baum Hedlund has taken on the Zantac cancer litigation after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced that it is investigating Zantac cancer risks after testing of certain Zantac (ranitidine hydrochloride) tablets found the commonly-used heartburn medication contains a cancer-causing chemical up to 3,000 times greater than the FDA’s daily intake limit. The carcinogenic chemical present in Zantac is known as N-nitrosodimethylamine (“NDMA”). Though the FDA has yet to issue an official Zantac recall, CVS and Walgreens have pulled Zantac and Zantac OTC generics from their shelves and Apotex has voluntarily recalled its ranitidine products from Rite-Aid and Walgreens.
Contact & Links
- 11111 Santa Monica Boulevard, Suite 1750
Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Southwestern University, J.D., graduated 2002
- California State University Northridge, B.A., graduated 1999
- The State Bar of California
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association - Member
- American Association for Justice, Aviation Law Section - Secretary, 2017-present
- American Association for Justice: Interstate Trucking Litigation Group - Member
- American Association for Justice: Leader’s Forum - Member
- American Association for Justice: Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway, and Premises Liability Section - Member
- American Bar Association: The Forum on Air and Space Law - Member
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group - Member
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyers’ Charities - Honorary Board of Governors, 2015-Present
- American Association for Justice: Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group - Member
- American Bar Association: Litigation Section - Member
- Civil Air Patrol, United States Air Force Auxiliary, 1983 – 1985 - Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles - Board of Governors, 2014 – present; Government Relations Committee Member; Public Relations Committee Member; ListServe Committee Member; Chair Mentor Program Member; Strategic Planning Committee Chair
- Consumer Attorneys of California - Member
- Lawyer Pilots Bar Association - Member
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- California, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2011
- District of Columbia, 2013
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Los Angeles (2020)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Aviation Law
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Selected to: Southern California Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars, 2011 – 2013
- Avvo.com Superb Score 10 out of 10
- Listed, The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™
- Steven C. Glickman Award 2016, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Presidential Award of Merit 2008, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Nation’s Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Grand Prize – 1st Annual Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association Essay Contest, “‘Side Trips’ Within the Warsaw Convention” , LPBA Journal, Vol. XXIII, No.3, Fall 2002
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 – 2018
- Presidential Award 2007, 2015, 2017 Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Selected to: Southern California Super Lawyers®, 2015 – 2018
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.