Recognized since 2022
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Tim Newsom brings a broad range of trial experience to the Law Offices of Frank L. Branson. For nearly 30 years, he’s tried personal injury and business litigation cases and achieved a long track record of success. Mr. Newsom’s clients know that for him, their interests are the utmost priority.
Mr. Newsom concentrates his practice in personal injury and commercial litigation, representing individuals, businesses, executives, and small children. He is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and in Civil Trial Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Mr. Newsom is a trusted figure among his clients and the legal community. He previously served as President of the Amarillo Area Bar Association and a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), a national invitation-only organization of experienced trial lawyers from both sides of the docket. He also serves on the Executive Committee for TEX-ABOTA, the group’s regional organization. Mr. Newsom has been recognized each year since 2005 by Thomson Reuters as a Texas Super Lawyer in Plaintiff’s Personal Injury.
A native Texan, Mr. Newsom grew up in the Houston suburbs, attended college in North Texas, and lived in West Texas. He has practiced all over the state, and through those experiences gained a special understanding of the people who live here, the legal landscape, and the often unique challenges it brings about.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://flbranson.com/attorney/tim-newsom/
- Highland Park Place, Suite 1800
4514 Cole Avenue
Dallas, TX 75205
- Texas Tech University , J.D., graduated 1992
- Austin College, B.A., graduated 1989
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- Oklahoma, State Bar of Oklahoma
- New Mexico, State Bar of New Mexico
- Amarillo Area Bar Association - President, 2014-2015
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Associate (Past President and National Board Representative, Amarillo Chapter)
- Dallas Bar Association - Member
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- Local Rules Committee, Amarillo Area Bar Association - Member, 2019-2020
- State Bar of Texas Litigation Section Long Term Planning Committee - Member, 2018-2020
- TEX-ABOTA - President-Elect and Executive Committee Member, 2022-2023
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Top Verdict in a Contract case by Texas Lawyer Magazine, BCL Construction, LLC v. Hemink Farms, Ltd., 64th District Court, Castro County, Texas (2017)
- Top Defense Verdict in a Construction Litigation case by Verdict Search, an affiliate of Texas Lawyer Magazine, Arrington v. Aranda Pools, Inc., 441st District Court, Midland County, Texas (2015)
- Bob Black Bar Leaders Award, Texas Tech University School of Law (2015)
- Texas Super Lawyer, Plaintiff’s Personal Injury, Thomson Reuters (2005-2021)
- Best Lawyers in America (2022)
CertificationsBoard Certified, Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal SpecializationBoard Certified, Civil Trial Law, National Board of Trial Advocacy
PresentationsThe Importance of the Jury Trial, Dr. Kenneth Street Law Symposium at Austin College (Co-Presenter with Judge Alfonso Charles, 124th District Court, Gregg County, Texas) (2021)Deposing the Villain, State Bar of Texas 33rd Annual Advanced Evidence and Discovery Course (2020)Deposing the Villain, State Bar of Texas 35th Annual Advanced Personal Injury Law Course (2019)Texas Citizens Participation Act: What the Fiduciary Litigator Needs to Know, State Bar of Texas 14th Annual Fiduciary Litigation Seminar (2018) (author only)TEX-ABOTA Masters in Trial Presentations, Lubbock (2018) and Fort Worth (2016)Interviewing Ex-Employees of Opposing Parties, State Bar of Texas 31st Annual Advanced Evidence and Discovery Course (2018)Preparing the Cast for Center Stage in the Trial Theater, State Bar of Texas 30th Annual Advanced Evidence and Discovery Course (2017)TEX-ABOTA Teachers Law School Presentations, Amarillo (2016) and East Texas (2016)The American Jury, TEX-ABOTA Santa Fe CLE Round-Up (2016)Cross Examination: Preparing the Client for the Present and America for the Future, State Bar of Texas 31st Annual Advanced Personal Injury Law Course (2015)Proving Damages Through Experts, 6th Annual Damages in Civil Litigation, State Bar of Texas (2014)Where the Rubber Meets the Road in 18 Wheeler Truck Wrecks, Permian Basin Trial Lawyers Association (2014)Where the Rubber Meets the Road in 18 Wheeler Truck Wrecks, Road Rules Lubbock: A Crash Course Car Wrecks, Texas Trial Lawyers Association (2011)Perfecting and Foreclosing a Statutory Mechanic’s Lien on Private Commercial and Residential Construction Projects, Texas Trial Lawyers Association Commercial Litigation Seminar (2007)Commercial Truck Litigation, State Bar of Texas 23rd Annual Advanced Personal Injury Law Course (2007)Medical Record Use and Confidentiality in Court, National Business Institute Continuing Legal Education (2004) (author only)
PublicationsDicky Grigg, Guy D. Choate, Dan Worthington & Tim Newsom, The American Jury, Voir Dire (Spring 2016)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.