Mr. Van Dusen concentrates his practice exclusively in litigation and alternative dispute resolution with a focus on insurance, commercial disputes, health care, class actions, and personal injury defense, including arbitration hearings, bench trials, jury trial, and appeals.
His diverse litigation experience includes:
- Defense of catastrophic personal injury claims, including matters involving product liability, premises liability, automobile negligence, and intentional misconduct claims;
- Representation of various religious and other charitable organizations involving civil and criminal investigations of misconduct claims;
- Representation of insurers and health plan administrators in defense of claims for recovery of insurance benefits, including claims for life and disability insurance benefits and ERISA claims;
- Complex commercial cases, including breach of contract, supplier disputes, shareholder disputes, claims related to the purchase or sale of businesses, distributor termination disputes, and claims related to partnership dissolution and shareholder valuation; and
- Complex probate cases, including actions related to duties of trust and estate fiduciaries.
Mr. Van Dusen is a member of the National Diocesan Attorneys Association, the Defense Research Institute, the American Arbitration Association panel of arbitrators, and the Michigan Committee on Model Civil Jury Instructions.