Recognized since 2018
Real Estate Law
Thomas Whelan’s practice encompasses a broad range of leasing, financing, and other real estate transactions, as well as commercial litigation emphasizing landlord-tenant, lender liability, brokerage, and other real-estate-related matters. He has authored numerous articles and is frequently invited to speak on matters including leasing, receiverships, real estate brokerage and other real estate related topics.
Before receiving his law degree from Southern Methodist University, Mr. Whelan graduated magna cum laude from the University of Dallas. He is licensed to practice in the State of Texas, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Mr. Whelan has been named to the Texas Super Lawyers list by Thomson Reuters as published in Texas Monthly. He is rated AV Preeminent by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell and is a Fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.mcslaw.com/team/thomas-m-tom-whelan/
- 500 North Akard Street. Suite 2200
Dallas, TX 75201
- Southern Methodist University , J.D., graduated 1987
- University of Dallas, B.A., magna cum laude, graduated 1982
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association - Member
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers - Member
- Dallas Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Real Estate Law
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2018–2022
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, published in Texas Monthly, 2011-2021
- Rated AV Preeminent by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
- Legal Leaders/Top Rated Lawyers, ALM and Martindale-Hubbell, recognized 2013 – 2016
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.