Recognized since 2015
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Employment Law - Management
Litigation - Insurance
Thomas Kimbrough serves his clients by providing counseling and representation to union and non-union employers in every aspect of employee relations and employment law. He also exclusively represents, counsels, and defends corporations and professional organizations in various labor and employment cases. With more than 30 years of experience in defense of companies in discrimination and employment-related claims, Thomas also has extensive experience in handling other litigation claims.
Thomas was selected as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers which is limited to the top one percent of the total lawyer population in any state. He has also been selected for inclusion since 2015 in The Best Lawyers® in America and the Indiana Super Lawyers publications, and is an AV® PreeminentTM* rated attorney based on Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review ratings, a member of the National Council on Litigation Management, a member of the Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana, and a member of the Indiana State and Allen County Bar Associations where he sits on the Labor and Employment Law section committees for each bar. He is a frequent speaker and lecturer on various labor and employment topics on a local, state, and national level.
Currently, Thomas is a member of the board of directors of Parkview Health Systems and previously served as President of the hospital board. He is a board member, an executive committee member and past president of the YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne Board of Directors, and is a member of the board of directors for the Withers Scholars program and Turnstone Center for Children and Adults with Disabilities. He is past president of the boards of directors for the Indiana Youth Institute and the United Way of Allen County. Thomas has also served on the Grant Review Committee and the board of directors of the Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne. He was the first recipient of the David A. Bobilya Excellence in Non-Profit Leadership Award given by the Foellinger Foundation and he was selected for the Indiana Super Achiever series.
Thomas received his B.A. from Indiana University in 1977, and his J.D., magna cum laude, from Indiana University in 1980. He served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Phil M. McNagny, Jr., in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana.
Thomas is admitted to practice before the Indiana state courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth and Seventh Circuits.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.barrettlaw.com/our-people/thomas-m-kimbrough
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 215 East Berry Street
P.O. Box 2263
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
- Indiana University, J.D., graduated 1980
- Indiana University, B.A., graduated 1977
- Indiana, 1980
- American College of Trial Lawyers - Fellow
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana - Member
- National Council on Litigation Management - Member
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.s. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Insurance, Fort Wayne (2023)
- Litigation - Insurance, Fort Wayne (2018)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Insurance
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.