Thomas L. "Tom" Ausley
Recognized since 1987
Family Law Mediation
Thomas L. Ausley is the founding partner of GoransonBain Ausley’s predecessor firm Ausley, Algert, Robertson & Flores, LLP. He has devoted his legal career to the practice of family law and has earned the respect of peers and judges alike for his unwavering integrity in guiding and advising clients. Tom was bestowed the prestigious Sam Emison Award by the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists in 2013 in recognition of his significant contributions to the practice of family law and the Austin Bar Association’s Distinguished Lawyer Award in 2008. In 2019, Tom received the Texas Bar Foundation’s Outstanding 50 Year Lawyer Award.
Tom offers clients the experience and skill that only come from years of practicing family law. He primarily focuses on complex property cases, with a deep understanding of issues surrounding larger estates and closely-held business interests. Tom encourages clients to show compassion, especially where the best interests of children are concerned.
While Tom is a master litigator, he has a keen eye for creative solutions that keep clients out of court. Tom is known as an excellent negotiator who works through impasses to achieve successful resolutions. His goal is to reach an agreement that is favorable to his clients, whether through trial, settlement conferences, collaborative law, or mediation. Board-certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Tom is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and served as President of AAML Texas Chapter in 2005-2006.
Tom is also a Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers, and a Member of the American Bar Association-Family Law Section, among an extensive list of memberships in professional associations. A frequently requested speaker and panelist, Tom has authored numerous articles and taught family law courses for the State Bar of Texas. He received an “AV” rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory, and was given the “Larry York Mentor Award” by the Austin Bar Association in 2016.
Contact & Links
- Direct Phone Number: 512-454-8791
- Phone Number: 512-454-8791
- Lawyer Page: https://www.gbafamilylaw.com/attorney/thomas-l-ausley/
- 3307 Northland Drive, Suite 420
Austin, TX 78731
- Texas Tech University, graduated 1965
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Family Law Council, State Bar of Texas - Treasurer
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists - Member
- International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Fellow
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization - Board Certified, Family Law
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Fellow; Vice Chairman of the Collaborative Law Committee
20 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
5 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Family Law, Austin (2009)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
- Received the “Outstanding 50 Year Lawyer Award” by the Texas Bar Foundation, 2019
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Family Law Mediation Section, 2021
- 50 Year Lawyer Honor, State Bar of Texas, 2018
- Larry York Mentor Award, Austin Bar Association, 2016
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list, Thomson Reuters, 2003 – 2017
- Selected to the “Top 100: Texas Super Lawyers”, Thomson Reuters, 2007
- Selected to the “Top 50: Central/West Texas Region Super Lawyers”, Thomson Reuters, 2004, 2007, 2012-2013, 2015- 2017
- Recognized for Contributions to the Advancement of Professionalism and Collegiality, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2015
- Sam Emison Award, Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, 2013
- Distinguished Lawyer Award, Austin Bar Association, 2008
- Outstanding Fundraiser Award, Association of Fundraising Professionals, Austin Chapter, 2008
- President and Chair’s Courage and Integrity Award, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, 2004
- Good Guys and Gals Award, National Women’s Political Caucus, Texas Chapter, 2004
- “AV” rating, Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory
- Finalist, 1st annual “Ethics in Business Awards”: Individual (Samaritan Counseling Center and St. Edwards University)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.