Thompson Coburn LLP
Recognized since 2001
St. Louis, Missouri
Corporate Compliance Law
Corporate Governance Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Tom has served as chairman of Thompson Coburn for 16 years, leading the firm through a period of growth and nationwide expansion. As a legal advisor to some of the region's largest companies for more than 30 years, Tom has helped executives pursue fundamental change for their own organizations and achieve high-level strategic objectives.
Tom takes an executive's approach to the practice of law. He communicates clearly and simply, distills complex information into actionable items, and negotiates thoughtfully and efficiently to achieve win-win results in high-stakes transactions. He has served as lead outside counsel to Enterprise Holdings as it has become the world's largest rental car company; to Barry-Wehmiller as it has grown into the largest packaging machinery manufacturer in the Western Hemisphere; and to UniGroup, the parent of United Van Lines and Mayflower, as it has become America's largest household goods moving business. Tom frequently draws on his own experience as the leader of a $200 million business to counsel executives on a full range of issues, ranging from corporate expansions to shareholder issues to executive personnel decisions. He also helps them develop their own business networks.
Repeatedly recognized as a St. Louis Lawyer of the Year in multiple fields by The Best Lawyers in America©, Tom has led major transactions across the country involving business acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, shareholder relations and redemptions, private placements, corporate restructurings, commercial financings and asset securitizations. As clients reported to Chambers USA, which has recognized Tom as a top-tier Corporate/M&A attorney, he has a "substantial depth of experience across the spectrum" and does a "great job of marshalling the resources of the firm to meet our needs."
Tom is also a recognized leader in the St. Louis civic and charitable community and devotes significant time and resources to a wide range of organizations dedicated to education, health care, the arts, youth activities and economic development.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.thompsoncoburn.com/people/tom-minogue
- One US Bank Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63101-1693
- Missouri, Missouri State Bar
- Illinois, Illinois State Bar Association
- University of Missouri St. Louis - Chancellor''s Council Member
- Boy Scouts Council of Greater St. Louis - Director
- Center of Contemporary Arts - Director
- Regional Chamber and Growth Association - Director
- Ranken Jordan Pediatric Center - Director
- United Way of Greater St. Louis - Director
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Corporate Compliance Law, St. Louis (2021)
- Corporate Law, St. Louis (2020)
- Corporate Governance Law, St. Louis (2019)
- Corporate Compliance Law, St. Louis (2015)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, St. Louis (2014)
- Corporate Compliance Law, St. Louis (2013)
- Corporate Law, St. Louis (2011)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Corporate Compliance Law
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Acquisition Finance
- Business Planning
- Corporate Compliance
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- General Corporate
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Secured Transactions
- Law Dragon Top 500 Lawyers in America
- Distinguished Alumni Award, University of Missouri - St. Louis
- Director of the Year, Missouri Hospital Association
- Arthur E. Straus Award, American Heart Association
Domestic and international financings
- Lead finance counsel for Enterprise Holdings, Inc., during its multi-billion dollar acquisition of National Car Rental and Alamo Rent-A-Car
- Lead international finance counsel for Enterprise Holdings as it expanded its operations into Canada, Great Britain and throughout the European Union
- Lead mergers and acquisitions counsel for United Van Lines during its acquisition of Mayflower Transit Inc.
- Lead mergers and acquisitions counsel for Barry-Wehmiller Group during its growth into a multi-billion dollar enterprise via over 70 strategic domestic and international acquisitions
General corporate guidance
- Lead outside corporate governance counsel to the board of directors of UniGroup, Inc., the world's largest household goods moving and storage company
- Regular corporate counsel to numerous mid-sized and smaller privately-held businesses, including Mom365, Inc. (nationwide infant photography business), Patriot Machine Inc. (aircraft parts manufacturer) and Cummings, McGowan and West, Inc. (construction equipment distributor)
- Corporate counsel to a wide variety of leading St. Louis area non-profit agencies, including the United Way of Greater St. Louis, the Ranken Jordan Pediatric Hospital, the Boy Scouts of Greater St. Louis, the Center of Creative Arts, and the American Heart Association, St. Louis Chapter
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.