Thomas J. "Tom" Mazziotti
Recognized since 2010
Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
Thomas J. Mazziotti is a trial lawyer, with a focus on health care, products liability, transportation and general negligence matters. Tom regularly defends physicians, nurses and hospitals in complex professional negligence and catastrophic injury cases. Tom also represents companies and executives in criminal investigations and cases, particularly in health care matters. A related aspect of Tom’s practice involves counseling his clients on product safety and reporting, including product recall and regulatory compliance before federal and state agencies, such as the Food and Drug Administration and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Tom has a national litigation practice and has tried numerous cases to verdict in both federal and state courts. He also has an active motions practice, has appeared before the Georgia Supreme Court and the Georgia Court of Appeals, and has experience representing clients in alternative dispute resolution.
Tom is the former Chair of the firm's Atlanta Products Liability & Health Care Litigation Practice, where he was responsible for the group’s strategic plan and managing daily activities. Additionally, Tom is the Pro Bono Coordinator for the Atlanta office, assisting the office in participation with community, civic and pro bono efforts.
- 191 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 2900
Atlanta, GA 30303
- Washington and Lee University, BA, graduated 1992
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association - Member
- Fellows of the Atlanta Bar Foundation - Charter Member
- Georgia Academy of Healthcare Attorneys - Member
- Georgia Lawyers Foundation - Member
- Georgia Society For Healthcare Risk Management - Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel - Member
- National Italian American Bar Association - Board Member
- St. Thomas More Society - Member
- The American Health Lawyers Association - Member
52 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
28 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- "Distinguished Service Award" for Public Service, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, 2002
- Law360 "Product Liability Practice Group of the Year," 2011
- Georgia Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," 2012-2013
- Super Lawyers magazine, Georgia Super Lawyers, 2011-2013
- Super Lawyers "Rising Star," 2005-2010
- Super Lawyers "Top 100 Lawyers in Georgia," 2013
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Mass Tort Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.