Thomas J. Mahoney, Jr.
Recognized in:Corporate LawNon-Profit / Charities Law...
Law School:Case Western Reserve University
Location:Wells Fargo Tower, Suite 1400420 Twentieth Street NorthBirmingham, AL 35203
- University of Notre Dame, BA, cum laude, graduated 1982
- Case Western Reserve University, JD, magna cum laude, graduated 1987
- Alabama, Alabama State Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- Birmingham Tax Forum - Director/Vice President
- Alabama Federal Tax Clinic - Director
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Non-Profit / Charities Law, Birmingham (2018)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Non-Profit / Charities Law
- Tax Law
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Areas of Expertise:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Nonprofit Organizations and Charitable Giving
- State and Local Tax
- Subchapter S Corporations
- Tax Abatement
- Tax Disputes
- Tax Planning
- Wrote tax disclosures and opinions for securities filings for a publicly-held REIT.
- Structured a multi-million dollar sale-leaseback transactions for a REIT.
- Obtained a favorable private letter ruling for client on S corporation qualification issues.
- Structured multiple deferred and reverse like-kind exchanges.
- Structured tax-efficient incentive compensation arrangements for partnerships and corporations.
- Obtained a substantial sales tax refund for contractor relating to purchases for out-of-state use.
- Worked with team of corporate attorneys to structure a tax-free business reorganization plan for a publicly-held, multi-state client.
- Represented a major nonprofit charitable organization, advising it on corporate governance, tax reporting and compliance issues.
- Negotiated and drafted multiple software licensing and related agreements.
- Obtained favorable state rulings on sales, lease and use tax implications of complex leasing transactions.
12 Leadenhall Street
London EC3V 1VP
44 20 7816 2629
Wells Fargo Tower, Suite 1400
420 Twentieth Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
614 South Hull Street
Montgomery, AL 36104
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
1401 H Street, NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20005-2202
901 K Street, NW, Suite 900
Washington, DC 20001
100 SoutheastThird Avenue, Suite 1620
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33394
SunTrust Center, Suite 2900
200 South Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801
101 North Monroe Street, Suite 925
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Monarch Plaza, Suite 1600
3414 Peachtree Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
Gateway Plaza, Suite 201
300 Mulberry Street
Macon, GA 31201
Chase North Tower, 20th Floor
450 Laurel Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
Three Sanctuary Boulevard, Suite 201
Mandeville, LA 70471
201 Saint Charles Avenue, Suite 3600
New Orleans, LA 70170
100 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
409 Washington Avenue, Suite 1010
Towson, MD 21201
One Eastover Center, Suite 400
100 Vision Drive
Jackson, MS 39211
1501 Main Street, Suite 600
Columbia, SC 29201
Republic Centre, Suite 1900
633 Chestnut Street
Chattanooga, TN 37450
100 Med Tech Parkway, Suite 200
Johnson City, TN 37604
265 Brookview Centre Way, Suite 600
Knoxville, TN 37919
6060 Poplar Avenue, Suite 440
Memphis, TN 38119
Baker Donelson Center, Suite 800
211 Commerce Street
Nashville, TN 37201
1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3700
Houston, TX 77010
450 West Broad Street, Suite 302
Falls Church, VA 22046