Thomas C. Sand
Recognized in:Bet-the-Company LitigationCommercial Litigation...
Law School:University of Oregon
Location:U.S. Bancorp Tower, Suite 3400111 Southwest Fifth AvenuePortland, OR 97204
- University of Oregon, BA, graduated 1974
- Oregon, Oregon State Bar
- Washington, Washington State Bar Association
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Litigation - Securities, Portland, OR (2019)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Securities
- Lewis & Clark Law School Distinguished Graduate
- U.S. Bank of Oregon Board of Directors
- Multnomah Bar Foundation President
- Oregon State Bar Securities Regulation Chair
- Oregon Super Lawyers Top 10
- Best Lawyers in America top attorneys in Oregon for "Bet-the-Company" litigation
Areas of Expertise:
- Complex Litigation
340 Golden Shore, Suite 450
Long Beach, CA 90802
2801 Alaskan Way, Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98121-1128
Attorney Case History
Various Plaintiffs v. The Archdiocese of Portland
coverage ultimately resulting in recovery of approximately $75 million
for use in reaching settlements.
Sibley v. Portland Public School District
special needs children and resulting in defense verdict for state's largest
Sulzer Pumps v. Pacific Indemnity
California arising from Portland Harbor superfund site and obtaining the state's
first recorded anti-suit injunction.
In Re Louisiana-Pacific Corporation Securities Litigation
arising from the decline in the corporation's stock price after massive
product liability litigation.
In Re Capital Consultants Litigation
advisor accused of criminal wrongdoing in what was, at the time, reported to be
the largest alleged ponzi scheme in the country.