Thomas B. "Tom" Shapira
Recognized since 2013
Health Care Law
Thomas B. Shapira’s practice is focused on transactional and regulatory health care matters and represents numerous physician groups with respect to the formation and/or consolidation of medical practices, physician practice sales and acquisitions, and the establishment of concierge/retainer practices.
Tom has worked with health care providers to address numerous operational issues, including the creation of exclusive provider arrangements, hospital/physician joint ventures and preparation of physician employment, compensation and governance agreements, as well as managed care provider agreements and the establishment of ancillary services/facilities, including office-based laboratories. He has also drafted physician practice management agreements and negotiated settlements and spin-offs of physician practices.
Tom has extensive experience representing corporate clients in connection with merger and acquisition transactions, employment agreements, and buy-sell, operating, and other organizational documentation. These clients represent a wide spectrum of industries, including public relations, media and marketing, physical therapy, long-haul shipping, home furnishings, insurance agencies, investment management, food brokerage, real estate development, business consulting, publishing, and retail sales.
Contact & Links
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Lawyer Page: https://harrisonheld.com/professionals-thomas-b-shapira/
- 333 West Wacker Drive, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60606-1247
- University of Pennsylvania, J.D., graduated 1992
- Brown University, AB, graduated 1989
- Illinois State Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Health Lawyers Association - Member
10 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
2 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Health Care Law
- Nightingale’s Healthcare News, Outstanding Healthcare Transaction Lawyers (2007)
- Illinois Super Lawyer (2005-2009, 2011-18)
- Leading Lawyers (2007, 2010, 2013-2018)
- Best Lawyers in America© in Health Care Law (2015-present)
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Animal Law
- Water Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.