Recognized since 2009
Employment Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
In addition, Mr. Davis is the office’s subject matter expert on non-compete and trade secret litigation. He has defended and prosecuted these cases across Alabama.
Mr. Davis’ trial experience includes BioTech v. Wilson (2009)(breach of contract and wrongful discharge claim – defense verdict); Smith v. Target (2005) (single plaintiff race case – defense verdict); Bracey v. Target (2005) (retaliatory discharge case – defense verdict); Tom James Clothier v. Greg Brown (2004) (2 non-jury trials resulting in favorable results for client); Shuman v. Alfa Insurance (2002)(age and gender case that settled after first day of trial); Reynolds v. Alfa Insurance (1999)(breach of contract case that settled after four days of trial); Saia v. Alfa Insurance (1997)(state tort lawsuit – defense verdict); Poore v. Southern Natural Gas (1996)(state tort lawsuit –defense verdict); Carpenter v. Del Monte (1994)(race and retaliation case – plaintiff verdict); Samples v. Alfa Insurance (1993)(bench trial – plaintiff verdict).
Earlier in his legal career, Mr. Davis was a Judicial Clerk for Judge Robert B. Propst, U.S. District Court, Birmingham, Alabama from August 1992 to August 1993. Mr. Davis earned his J.D. from the Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama in 1992. He was a Cordell Hull Teaching Fellow and wrote the Best Paper in Antitrust in the fall of 1991 for the Cumberland Law Review. In 1989, Mr. Davis received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.jacksonlewis.com/people/thomas-davis
- Synovus Center, Suite 870
800 Shades Creek Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35209
- Samford University , J.D., graduated 1992
- Emory University, BA, graduated 1989
- Alabama, Alabama State Bar Association
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Employment Law Council - Member
- Birmingham Bar Association - Member
- United States District Court
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Selected for inclusion in 2010 Alabama Super Lawyers
- Chambers Best Lawyer (2006 - present)
- Super Lawyer (2008 - present)
- Project Corporate Leadership (1995)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.