Recognized since 2010
Ted Brenner is a Partner in the Litigation Practice Group with an emphasis on insurance matters.
Over his 38 year career, Ted has served as trial and appellate counsel in hundreds of civil matters in state and federal courts representing individuals and business entities. He has litigated almost every type of case ranging from a single claim arising from a single event, to many thousands of claims of injury and damage worldwide resulting from the use of allegedly dangerous products. His current areas of focus include insurance coverage disputes (he has authored over 500 opinions on coverage issues under many types of insurance policies), litigation of claims against insurers, brokers and agents, bad faith litigation and fraud investigations.
Ted is regularly asked to coordinate and manage complex litigation arising from weather catastrophes and product liability claims. Ted has extensive experience advising and representing clients in complex civil actions including multi-claimant litigation, class action litigation and multi-district litigation.
In addition, Ted is regularly asked to serve as a mediator or arbitrator in order to assist parties in resolving disputes involving a wide variety of issues.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.freeborn.com/attorney/theodore-i-brenner
- 901 East Byrd Street, Suite 950
Richmond, VA 23219
- University of Richmond , J.D., graduated 1978
- University of Virginia, BA, graduated 1974
- Virginia State Bar
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Insurance Law, Richmond (2023)
- Insurance Law, Richmond (2019)
- Insurance Law, Richmond (2017)
- Insurance Law, Richmond (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Insurance Law
- Martindale-Hubbell ("A-V") - Highest rating
- Best Lawyers in America - 2017 (cited in multiple years)
- Best Lawyers in America - Lawyer of the Year - Insurance Law (Richmond, VA) 2012
- Virginia Super Lawyers - (cited in multiple years)
State Farm Fire & Casualty Co. v. Walton, 244 Va. 498, 423 S.E. 2d 188 (1992)Established standard in Virginia for breach of policy notice condition in the absence of any prejudice to the insurer.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Ins. Co. v. Bowers, 255 Va. 581,500 S.E.2d 212 (1998)Established the standard in Virginia regarding expenses incurred for medical expense benefits coverage
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.