Rusty Hardin & Associates, LLP
Recognized since 2022
With nearly 30 years of experience, Terry D. Kernell assists clients in complex commercial litigation, although he often lends his experience and expertise in probate litigation and personal injury matters. Mr. Kernell has handled cases in federal and state courts as well as domestic and international arbitrations. His experience includes business contracts and torts, trade secrets, antitrust, and qui tam claims under the federal False Claims Act. He has served as lead counsel for individuals and businesses on both sides of the aisle in a wide variety of cases in industries such as health care, energy, banking and finance, entertainment, and commercial and residential real estate and construction. In fact, there are very few industries Mr. Kernell hasn’t dealt with in some shape or form.
In each case he handles, Mr. Kernell’s goal is always the same: further his clients’ interests by finding creative and practical solutions. His approach has resulted a high level of success. This success doesn’t always come easy.
Those who have worked with Mr. Kernell have come to depend on his unwaveringly zealous advocacy for their positions and expect him to always give the unvarnished truth, whatever that may be. This is an indispensable part of his job and helps to solve his clients’ issues as efficiently and expeditiously as possible. He has always believed that the best decisions are made after the hardest conversations.
Mr. Kernell received his law degree from Baylor Law School, graduating second in his class. From there, he practiced at Mayer Brown in Houston for 16 years. After working with Rusty Hardin for three years, he cofounded the Commercial Litigation and Employment Law boutique of Hoover Kernell in 2010. There, he continued representing and counseling businesses, business owners, and individuals in complex commercial litigation matters. He returned to Rusty Hardin & Associates in 2017, where he now serves as managing partner.
- Five Houston Center, Suite 2250
1401 McKinney Street
Houston, TX 77010
- Baylor University, J.D., graduated 1991
- University of Oklahoma - Tulsa, B.A., graduated 1988
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association - Member
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
5 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
2 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Commercial Litigation
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2022
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2008-2021
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2006-2007
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.