Terrell W. Mills
Law School:University of Richmond
Location:44 East Camperdown WayP.O. Box 728Greenville, SC 29602-0728
- University of Richmond, J.D., graduated 1999
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.Eng, graduated 1988
- South Carolina, South Carolina Bar
- Virginia, Virginia State Bar
- Camperdown Academy Board of Trustees - Former Chair
- GSATC - Member
- Leadership Greenville Class 30 - Graduate
- SCBio - General Counsel
- Sterling School Improvement Counsel, - Chair
- The Iron Yard - General Counsel
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Corporate Law, Greenville (2015)
- Recognized as "Legal Elite" by the Greenville Business Magazine, 2012
Attorney Case History
Recent merger and acquisition and associated financing engagements
- Representing the selling shareholders of a defense industry manufacturer in the acquisition of the company stock by a private equity fund that involved rollover investment by the executive management. Subsequently, representing the minority, management shareholders that participated in the original rollover investment in the sale of all of the stock to a private, strategic buyer that also included rollover investment by executive management.
- Representing a public health care products manufacturer in an asset acquisition where the key assets acquired were patent rights.
- Representing an investment group acquiring an equipment distributorship and financing the acquisition through a combination of private equity fund preferred investment, local investment, and traditional bank loans.
- Representing a company in the development and implementation of an industry rollup strategy that has completed 20 acquisitions in the past three years and had financed much of the acquisition costs through issuance of equity through several Regulation D exempt offerings and seller financing.
Recent engagements with entrepreneurs
- Representing a medical device inventor in the establishment of his company, structuring employee incentive plans, developing agreements for protection of intellectual property with contract research and manufacturing companies, and securing over $3 million in equity investment from angel investors.
- Representing a serial entrepreneur in the acquisition of a telecommunications equipment and installation service division from a large telecommunications provider and in securing the financing of the acquisition through a combination of equity investment by a group of individual investors and loans from a traditional lender.
- Representing an entrepreneur in the establishment of a new company, the licensing of patented technology from a large research university to serve as the key asset to be leveraged through new product development by the company and the creation of employee incentive compensation plans.
- Representing an entrepreneur company in structuring its acquisition by an international company seeking to enter the United States. This involved the establishment of a U.S. subsidiary of the acquirer, merger of the entrepreneur client into the subsidiary in exchange for shares of the international company, and state and local incentives for the newly formed U.S. entity. Subsequest to the closing, assisted the international company in raising investment funds through an exempt private offering in the U.S.
Recent technology engagements
- Representing a large multi-national auto parts manufacturer in the outsourcing of its U.S. based information technology infrastructure and support to a multi-national technology services and manufacturing company.
- Representing a manufacturer in its first direct to consumer marketing and retailing operation, which was accomplished via an on-line store web site.
- Representing a start up company in negotiating an agreement for the development of the core product offering with a software development house, which agreement addressed issues of intellectual property ownership, development methodology, project planning, testing and acceptance.
- Representing a private manufacturer in the licensing of an enterprise resource planning software application and associated installation, training and consulting.