Recognized since 2016
Buffalo, New York
Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
Terry is a former presidentially appointed United States Attorney for the Western District of New York and co-leader of the firms Government Compliance and Investigations Practice Group. He represents businesses across industries in both civil and criminal government investigations which include conducting internal corporate probes and independent monitorships. He has advised clients among the Fortune 50 and large privately held companies, including Facebook and United/Continental Airlines, on such matters as government compliance, commercial litigation, product liability or personal injury litigation. Terry represents United Technologies, which named Harris Beach among the Go-To Law Firms® for 2014 in contracts litigation as published in Corporate Counsel magazine.
Terry advises clients in complex legal crises involving criminal, civil, regulatory and related public relation matters. He has been engaged by leading companies in the financial, intellectual property, health care, retail, and energy sectors to conduct sensitive regulatory and criminal investigations on international, national and state levels. His knowledge of and relationship with federal, state and local law enforcement enables him to react quickly in order to respond to various crisis situations.
Prior to joining Harris Beach, Terry served as the United States Attorney for the Western District of New York from March 2006 to January 2009. In that capacity, he was the chief civil lawyer and criminal prosecutor for the United States and all of its agencies in the 17 county region of the Western District of New York. He oversaw the management of two offices (Buffalo and Rochester) with more than 130 personnel, including 57 attorneys. Specifically, he was responsible for the overall civil affirmative enforcement, civil defense and criminal prosecution of approximately 4,200 cases, encompassing such areas as government compliance/independent monitor, health care fraud, international trade, white collar fraud, and numerous other civil and criminal matters. During his tenure, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of New York recovered on behalf of taxpayers over $124 million through both affirmative civil and criminal enforcement of fraud against the U.S. Government.
Prior to his confirmation as the United States Attorney, Terry was a trial lawyer who litigated and tried cases throughout New York state, including the New York City metropolitan area. He represented numerous Fortune 100 and 500 corporations, including, but not limited to, General Motors, Toyota, Ford, Chrysler, Raytheon, Black & Decker, Hertz and Westinghouse.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.harrisbeach.com/people/flynn-terrance-p/
- Larkin at Exchange, Suite 1000
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
- University of Buffalo Law School, J.D., graduated 1989
- New York, New York State Bar
- American Red Cross - volunteer
- Erie County Bar Foundation - member
- Federal Bar Council Foundation - former member of the Board of Directors
- Food Bank of Western New York - volunteer
- National Association of Former United States Attorneys - Vice President
- New York State Power Authority - past Trustee (New York State Senate confirmation)
- University of Buffalo National Law School Alumni Association - past President
- Commercial Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Western New York Law Enforcement Chaplaincy Association, Community Service Award
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers, since 2015, Business Litigation
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent peer review rating
- Federal Law Enforcement Foundation, Community Service Award
- Buffalo Law Journal and Buffalo Business First, Legal Elite of Western New York, 2013
- Buffalo Law Journal and Buffalo Business First, Buffalo's Who's Who in Law, 2012
- Corporate Compliance Law
- Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.