Recognized since 2020
Employee Benefits Law
Terra L. Klinck is an experienced pension and benefits lawyer with Toronto-based Brown Mills Klinck Prezioso LLP. Terra has over 20 years’ experience advising both provincially and federally-regulated employers and plan administrators, primarily in the private sector, on all legal issues relating to defined benefit (DB) and defined contribution (DC) pension plans and benefit plans, including: governance, fiduciary responsibilities, plan administration and regulatory compliance, funding requirements, pension fund investment and surplus utilization.
Terra has a wealth of experience advising private sector employers restructure their legacy DB pension arrangements, including investment restructuring and de-risking initiatives (e.g., buy-in and buy-out annuity purchases), plan mergers and plan wind-ups.
Terra has extensive experience advising on pension and benefit matters in corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, insolvencies and restructurings.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://bmkplaw.com/who-we-are/terra-l.-klinck.html
- E-mail: Terra.Klinck@bmkplaw.com
- Richmond-Adelaide Centre
130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1005
Toronto, ON M5H 3P5
- University of Western Ontario, LL.B.
- Ontario, 1997
- Ontario, 1997
- Osgoode Professional Development - Instructor, Pension Law Certificate Program
- Canadian Bar Association - National Pensions and Benefits Law Section , Executive Member, Co-chair of the Advocacy and Government Relations Committee
- Ontario Bar Association - Member (Pension and Benefits Section) (previously participated on the Executive)
- Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario, Standing Technical Advisory Committee for Defined Contribution Pension Plans - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Employee Benefits Law
- The Legal 500 Canada (2023)
- Chambers Canada (2022-2023)
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2020-2023)
- Who’s Who Legal: Labour, Employment & Benefits (2019-2022)
- Who’s Who Legal: Canada (2019-2021)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (2015-2018, 2020-2022)
- Lexpert Zenith Award (2018)
- Advises a large professional association in conjunction with its development and implementation of a retirement program for its 40,000 members, which includes a novel annuity purchase feature.
- Acts as counsel to a large Canadian financial institution in respect of its Canadian pension and savings plans, including governance, compliance and regulatory matters, plan consolidations and mergers and acquisitions related activities.
- Advised an employer on the conversion of its single employer plan into a sector jointly sponsored pension plan, including the transfer of legacy defined benefit liabilities.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.