Tedd Friedman is a life-long businessman who started his first venture at age 9 (selling manufacturing remnants of Formica-covered countertops).
So it is no surprise that as Tedd began his legal career, he immersed himself in the philosophies of Warren Buffett and Benjamin Graham. In fact, those lessons inform Tedd’s practice of corporate and real estate law as much as anything he learned in law school. His clients have come to expect that, in addition to legal advice, Tedd’s counsel will embrace ways to maximize their business’ value while maintaining an adequate margin of safety.
Tedd’s legal practice has an emphasis on real estate investment, as well as the formation, operation and sale of privately-owned businesses.
He regularly represents real estate owners, developers and private equity funds in purchasing, developing and selling real estate. His experience includes negotiation of purchase and development agreements, assemblages, financing and related transactions. He has also been involved in the commercial mortgage backed securities markets from its inception. Because creating value may also require reducing, negotiating or restructuring debt, Tedd has developed significant experience handling real estate issues arising from a difficult economic environment. He has helped his clients build value through purchases of distressed real estate and real estate-backed debt. And has helped others manage difficulties through restructuring, receiverships, and deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure.
Tedd’s emphasis in the corporate area is privately-owned businesses, with experience in family-owned business and the unique challenges they face. He has represented clients in all phases of their businesses: from formation to operations to sale. And, he handles a wide range of ownership-related matters including business succession.
Tedd also has extensive experience in the hospitality and restaurant industry. He represents a multi-national real estate developer with hotel developments throughout the United States and the Caribbean. He also represents a number of Southwestern Ohio’s preeminent restaurateurs.
Tedd’s health care practice includes the representation of physicians and physician groups in matters related to group creation and related mergers, practice group compensation arrangements and purchases and sales of physician practices.
Tedd is an unabashed technology devotee and can be regularly found advising clients such as software developers, application service providers and web site designers.
In addition to his corporate and real estate practice, Tedd serves as the firm's Meritas® contact for transactional and corporate matters. Tedd also serves on the firm’s Board of Directors and is an active member of its marketing, strategic planning and information technology committees.AWARDS & HONORS
- Best Lawyers in America® 2010-2017
- 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Health Care by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Beacon of Light Humanitarian Award from Lighthouse Youth Services
- Kate S. Mack Award from the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati
- Most Valuable Kids of Greater Cincinnati, Co-founder and Chairman of the Board
- The Jewish Federation of Cincinnati, Vice President of Strategic Planning
- The Wexner Heritage Leadership Institute, Member
- 1992, Ohio
- University of Cincinnati, J.D., 1992, Order of the Coif, Law Review
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.S., 1989
- Corporate and General Business
- Family-Owned and Closely-Held Businesses
- Finance and Lending
- General Business
- Health Care
- Information Technology and e-Business
- Manufacturing, Construction and Distribution
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Real Estate
- Restaurant and Food Service