Recognized since 2008
Labour and Employment Law
Ted Kovacs is an experienced labour and employment lawyer in Hicks Morley’s Waterloo office. He regularly advises employers in all matters of employment and labour law, both in unionized and non-unionized workplaces.
Ted provides strategic advice including assisting employers in the start-up of new operations and restructuring of current operations. His practice includes Ontario Labour Relations Board matters (with a particular emphasis on union organizing issues), collective agreement negotiations, human rights, public and private sector arbitrations, employment standards and wrongful dismissal litigation.
Ted has worked out of the firm’s Toronto and Waterloo offices. He is frequent speaker at management-focused conferences, seminars, and training settings and is a seminar leader for human resources associations which includes lecturing at the Human Resources Professionals Association annual conference. Ted is deeply invested in his clients. He is dedicated to understanding every aspect of their businesses and he uses this knowledge to tailor plans and strategies specific to their unique challenges. His clients appreciate his practical advice and thoughtful approach and they rely on him to quickly resolve any issues that arise.
Contact & Links
- 150 Caroline Street South, Suite 404
Waterloo, ON N2L 0A5
- Queen’s University, LL.B.
- Queen’s University, B.Comm (Hons.)
- Ontario, 1993
- Ontario, 1993
- Cambridge Chamber of Commerce - Member, Past Member of Board of Directors and Advocacy Committee
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member (Civil Litigation and Labour & Employment Law)
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Labour and Employment Law, Hamilton, Canada (2023)
- Labour and Employment Law, Hamilton, Canada (2018)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Labour and Employment Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (2015–2022) Labour Relations (Repeatedly Recommended)
Areas of Concentration
Workplace Safety & Insurance
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.