Recognized since 2013
Human Rights Law
Tass is a specialist labour law lawyer including extensive business and leadership experience. It enables him to bring a business focused approach to this role and develop desired outcomes for stakeholders both as a lawyer and as a member of the executive team.
Tass has experience in Australian and international workplace law jurisdictions, has a highly analytical mind allowing him to look closely at business issues, and changing situations and law, to identify potential implications arising from compliance requirements as well as business risk factors that may need to be addressed.
In addition to winning the Human Rights category (anti discrimination law in Australia) he has been a finalist as a workplace law partner in 2020 as well as taking a workplace law team to finals in law awards.
Tass has been involved in future planning working with other executives both in and outside the business to achieve common outcomes in a cooperative way.
Tass is a strategic advisor that builds trust and confidence with all stakeholders and partners with business to create outcomes that balance risk and compliance with practical commercial needs. Tass has an unrestricted practising certificate in Australia and NZ and has led and run legal practices as well as head up in house teams in both jurisdictions.
Tass is the go to person for:
- day to day employment matters including drafting and interpreting contracts of employment and contractor agreements, drafting, interpreting and training on workplace policies and dealing with employment grievances and complaints including investigations, report writing and dismissal related matters and whistleblowing;
- employment aspects of business mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, including redundancy, termination and sale and purchase of assets and shares in an APAC, EU, UK and USA context;
- unlawful use of confidential information and post-employment restraints;
- labour relations matters including matters arising under the range of industrial legislation that operate in Australia and extends to award and agreement advice and disputes, enterprise bargaining, industrial action, minimum conditions of employment, right of entry and anti-discrimination laws; and
- advocacy in courts and tribunals including conciliations and arbitrations in the Fair Work Commission and the Australian Human Rights Commission.
Tass builds trust and confidence with all stakeholders and partners with business to create outcomes that balance risk and compliance with commercial needs.
Contact & Links
- Level 8/65 York Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Australia™ 2023 for work in:
- Human Rights Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.