Recognized since 2019
Personal Injury Litigation
Professional Malpractice Law
Tara Sweeney joined Soloway Wright in 2000 as a civil litigation lawyer in Ottawa. Tara practices general litigation, including Professional Negligence, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Estates Litigation and Commercial Litigation. Tara has appeared before the Superior Court of Justice, Divisional Court of Ontario, the Court of Appeal for Ontario, the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal and various administrative tribunals, including professional colleges.
Tara has been accepted by the Superior Court of Justice as an expert in Plaintiff’s personal injury and Statutory Accident Benefits litigation (see Meehan v. Good (2012), ONSC 612) and has been recognized in Lexpert for her expertise in Medical Negligence/Professional Malpractice Law. She was recognized by Best Lawyers® as Lawyer of the Year in 2023 for Personal Injury Litigation and Professional Malpractice Law and she has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation and Professional Malpractice Law since 2019.
- 427 Laurier Avenue West, Suite 700
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y2
- University of Windsor, LLB, graduated 1998
- University of Western Ontario, Master of Arts, graduated 1995
- University of Ottawa, Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours), graduated 1994
- Personal Injury Litigation, Ottawa, Canada (2023)
- Professional Malpractice Law, Ottawa, Canada (2023)
- Professional Malpractice Law, Ottawa, Canada (2021)
- Insurance Law
- Medical Negligence
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Professional Malpractice Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.