Tara A. Scanlon is a partner in the Washington, D.C., office of Holland & Knight where she is deputy practice group leader of the Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia Real Estate Group, and co-chair of the firm's National Retail Development and Leasing Team in the Real Estate Section. Ms. Scanlon concentrates her practice on commercial real estate transactions which include development matters, sales and acquisitions, as well as retail and office leasing. She has extensive experience in retail real estate transactions representing both institutional and entrepreneurial owners of regional malls, shopping centers and high end street retail projects in connection with various leasing, finance, operational and transactional matters. Other areas of experience include commercial finance involving construction and permanent real estate loans, asset-based lending and equity investments, as well as the restructure of debt and security instruments.
Representative transactions she has handled include:
- Transactional and leasing counsel for the redevelopment of an urban mall into a 600,000 square foot power center
- Transactional Counsel for disposition of portfolio of 14 regional malls over a 3 year period
- Leasing counsel for high end redevelopment of urban streetscape properties in Georgetown, Washington, D.C.
- Counsel for Fortune 500 Company in connection with major build to suit lease
- Transactional counsel for Fortune 500 Company in connection with sale of 500,000 square foot office campus
- Transactional counsel for sale of portfolio of shopping centers
- Leasing counsel for high end mixed-use development with over 600,000 square feet of retail space
Ms. Scanlon has been an adjunct professor of Commercial Real Estate Law in the Allan L. Berman Real Estate Institute at The Johns Hopkins University since 2001