Recognized since 2010
Tanya J. Stanish is known for recognizing the unique factors of each case and tailoring her counsel to fit the client and the situation. Ms. Stanish represents a wide variety of clients, including prominent business executives, entrepreneurs, lawyers, doctors, professional athletes, and stay-at-home spouses. Her work includes every aspect of complex and high net-worth family law such as executive compensation plans, trusts and business interests. She is also experienced in helping clients address high-conflict child custody and parenting issues. Ms. Stanish is that rare lawyer: a seasoned negotiator as well as a formidable litigator, able to achieve success for her clients both inside and outside the courtroom.A strong proponent of client education, Ms. Stanish thoroughly explores divorce options with her clients, talking through the pros and cons to assist clients in choosing the right approach. As the divorce unfolds, clients appreciate the way in which Ms. Stanish advocates for them. She is able to take the significant facts of a divorce and build them into an argument supporting the client’s case. During what can be a confusing and tumultuous time, clients rely on the steady, insightful counsel of Ms. Stanish.Ms. Stanish is a lecturer on family law issues for such organizations as the Illinois State Bar Association, National Business Institute, Chicago Bar Association and Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, and was presented on the “Illinois Law” television show, produced and broadcast on WCIA-TV Channel 3 and syndicated statewide on the 85 station Illinois Channel network. An honors graduate of DePaul University College of Law, Ms. Stanish has been named in “Super Lawyers” (2006 & 2012), “Best Lawyers in America” (2010-12) and selected as a Leading Lawyer in Family Law (2006-12) by Leading Lawyers Network. She was also honored with the Chicago Lawyer Women in Law 2011 recognition.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.sdflaw.com/attorneys/tstanish/
- 321 North Clark Street, Suite 1200
Chicago, IL 60654
- Sex: Female
- DePaul University, graduated 1995
- DePauw University, graduated 1991
- Illinois, Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Illinois State Bar Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – The National Trial Lawyers (2012-2013)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Naifeth and Smith (2010-2016)
- Leading Lawyers Network – Leading Lawyer in Family Law (2006-2016)
- Illinois Super Lawyer – Family Law (2006 & 2012-2016)
- Top 50 Women Consumer Lawyers - Leading Lawyers Network (2011-2012)
- Top 100 Women Consumer Lawyers - Leading Lawyers Network (2015, 2016)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.