Recognized since 2010
Land Use and Zoning Law
Litigation - Environmental
Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
Litigation - Real Estate
Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
For the past several years, Mike has served as an adjunct Professor at the University of Alabama School of Law where he has taught Land Use Planning and Real Estate Finance & Development. Mike has spoken to a variety of groups on issues involving Real Estate Land Use and Environmental issues.
Mike has been with Bradley Arant Boult Cummings since 1989. Mike began his practice in the General Litigation group where he learned to try cases, trying over eight cases to verdict in his first five years of practice. Mike expanded his litigation practice to take on lead responsibility for two large clients in mass tort litigation both inside and outside of Alabama. This experience allowed Mike to sharpen his skills in managing and litigating mass tort cases involving hundreds and sometimes thousands of claimants.
Over the years, Mike’s work has covered a number of different types of litigation. Mike’s work has led him to focus his practice on the substantive areas of Real Estate Litigation, including Zoning and Land Use Planning, and Environmental and Toxic Tort Litigation, including Mass Torts.
- One Federal Place
1819 Fifth Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
- Vanderbilt University, J.D., graduated 1989
- Auburn University, B.A., graduated 1986
- Alabama, Alabama State Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Birmingham Bar Association - Member
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers - Member
- Sunrise Rotary Club - Member
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants, Birmingham (2024)
- Land Use and Zoning Law, Birmingham (2023)
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning, Birmingham (2022)
- Land Use and Zoning Law, Birmingham (2021)
- Litigation - Real Estate, Birmingham (2020)
- Land Use and Zoning Law, Birmingham (2016)
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning, Birmingham (2016)
- Environmental Law
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Real Estate
- Listed in Alabama Super Lawyers, Land Use/Zoning, 2009-2013
- Mass Tort Litigation
"Mike Brown helped us successfully navigate complex litigation mired in heated political and communal emotions. He was just as effective as our public face in the political setting as he was in private negotiations to bring the matter to a reasonable settlement."
- Alan Z. Engel (Crowne Partners, Inc.)
"Mike is well organized and thorough in his approach. He is thoughtful in the counsel he gives. He has the ability to think strategically and to quickly get to the key issues in complex situations. Mike is easy to work with and very responsive. I value his opinion and input."
- F. Dixon Brooke, Jr. (EBSCO Industries, Inc.), Birmingham, AL
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.